Esteemed Contributor

Someone hates an ingredient but loves......

something you make containing the dreaded ingredient.

I was telling DD today my late Uncle hated cream cheese with a passion. I had made a dessert with cream cheese (Ididn't know about his aversion) for a family party.  He was chowing down on his 2nd slice and asked who made it. I said I did and he was saying how good it was. My Mom, and his wife, asked for the recipe and when I mentioned cream cheese they both said "don't tell Donnie, he hates it". He asked every time there was something planned "is x bringing that dessert?"  He died never knowing he ate a lot of cream cheese.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Someone hates an ingredient but loves......

My ex sister in law said she couldn't stand onions. To be clear, she was not allergic to them.

She turned up her nose at all food with onions and made a huge fuss about it. Constantly.

It was very funny watching her chow down on my mother in laws' famous potato salad (that she finely grated a huge onion into). 

Honored Contributor

My grandson hates eggs and refuses to eat them.

he eats lots of food without knowing they are in there.

Esteemed Contributor

DH refuses to eat cheese of any kind, but I always cook with different kinds and he does not seem to know.  The only thing that I never make for him is mac and cheese.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I felt bad not telling him but he enjoyed it so much I didn't have the heart. I think maybe he didn't  like plain cream cheese like on a bagle, but this was mixed with confectioners sugar and something else I can't remember. This was 30+ years ago.

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I felt bad not telling him but he enjoyed it so much I didn't have the heart. I think maybe he didn't  like plain cream cheese like on a bagle, but this was mixed with confectioners sugar and something else I can't remember. This was 30+ years ago.

@CrazyKittyLvr2  .... what he didn’t know didn’t hurt him ..... besides the actually really enjoyed it so why ruin it for him 🥰

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My grandson hates eggs and refuses to eat them.

he eats lots of food without knowing they are in there.

I hate eggs and I always know. LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Silly on me...

I refused to eat capers forever because I thought they were tiny hot peppers.

DH snuck some in something, can’t remember what, and of course, I like them bunches!

Go figure 🤪.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My dad hated tuna. I always loved tuna.If he smelled it he would walk out of the room. One day I made a tuna sandwich & put it in the refrigerator  & ran out to run an errand. When I returned I found dad eating my sandwich. I said “daddy you’re eating my sandwich” He said “oh I thought your mother made it for me”. When I told him it was tuna he didn’t believe me.Lol!! From then on he ate tuna,but only if I made it for him.

Honored Contributor

With my father it was liver he would not eat but he loved liver wurst sandwiches but we never told him what they were.