Super Contributor

You would think that this would be an easy purchase at Target or similar store--but I am having an awful time finding an attractive kitchen dish soap dispenser that is large, attractive to sit on counter top by the sink, and that does not clog.  I have a Simple Human one now and regardless of how many times I wipe off the nozzle where the soap comes out I end up with soap squirted onto the walls, my face, etc.    Does anyone have a dish soap dispenser they love?  Help!

Honored Contributor

Is what I use.  Never clogs up.  I never knew they did until I read your post.  Maybe it's the soap you are using?

I went on YouTube & found a video on how to refill the container when empty w/my own soap.  I use Dial hand soap.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I have the Beekman 1802 caddy with 2 soaps & 1 hand lotion. Very large, lasts forever and a small footprint at the sink. Many scents and unscented. Not the cheapest, but a great value, IMO. Check HSN. 20% off a single item today and tomorrow will bring down the price, too.

New Contributor

I had the same problem! Went thru 3 types that were glass, were suppose to be for dispensing  olive oil.  The stoppers didn't stay in, and it took forever for the soap to come out.  It's funny, the one I finally found and like, is from Target.  I got it in the kitchen tool area.  It's clear glass, sorta like a small milk bottle.  The spout is built into the screw on lid, and the metal tube that the soap comes out of is a lot wider that the previous ones.  You still have to shake it, to make the soap come out but it's better than the other ones.  I think it's for oil too, but I like it for my Dawn soap.  

Super Contributor

@queendiva @Mz iMac @MillCreekPat   Thanks so much!   I am off to investigate!

Trusted Contributor

Do you want one that pumps, or one that you squeeze? I don't like pumps because they clog or can squirt unpredictably. I like a bottle I can squeeze to dispense.

I use an ordinary "bear" from an empty honey dispenser plastic bottle. With hot water, it's easy to wash out honey residue. I've seen empty bear bottles like that in 99 cent stores, too. It has a narrow pointed top so I can squeeze out as much Dawn as I prefer.  It holds a few ounces of liquid soap and doesn't take up a lot of room on the sink or counter. It's kinda cute, but not all that pretty. When it gets low, I pour some more soap into it. It never clogs at the tip. 

if you want a larger squeeze bottle that needs refilling less often, you can buy an empty plastic dispenser for mustard or ketchup. They often come in yellow or red for those condiments, but I've bought them in clear bottles, too. Same kind of cheapo store. 

There are  also great bottles to buy in beauty supply stores:  the type with round or tall bodies and long tapered nozzle tops for applying hair color work great for liquid soaps of all types. 

I keep shampoo in those bottles in the shower. Much easier to dispense a small, controlled

amount. Giant bottles of shampoo or body wash are clumsy and heavy and the pumps are often inadequate. So a squeeze bottle does fine. 

Sorry, I tend to think  practical more than pretty when it comes to holding supplies for sinks and showers! 

Respected Contributor

Hello @srgtdj I use dawn soap dispensers and there are no issues. I use the Lysol dispensers in my bathrooms.

Honored Contributor

My soap dispenser is a permanent fixture.  A round hole was drilled into my countertop and a soap dispenser was attached.  The storage bottle is under the counter and the dispenser is on the top.

Mine is about 10 years old now and it works perfectly.  I have never had a problem with it. It was very affordable and easy to install.

C58FC831-A242-45A6-A80F-D2A042D6D651.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

My soap dispenser is a permanent fixture.  A round hole was drilled into my countertop and a soap dispenser was attached.  The storage bottle is under the counter and the dispenser is on the top.

Mine is about 10 years old now and it works perfectly.  I have never had a problem with it. It was very affordable and easy to install.

C58FC831-A242-45A6-A80F-D2A042D6D651.jpeg

When I redid my kitchen I had something like this permanently installed on my sink. It works flawlessly.I love it.

Contributor

Marguerite this is the time of year for Christmas/craft shows.   That's where I would look.