Honored Contributor

I love grapefruit in the winter and I got a really good bag of the Texas red ones last week.

They aren't as big as I sometimes get them (is it early in the season?), but they are so good and juicy and just right sweet tart!

I had one for breakfast with an egg and toast and it reminded me of the old egg and grapefruit diet that was so popular back in the 80's or so, LOL!!  A friend at work was forever on it and we used to ask her if we could share!  We'd laugh about it, but it didn't really work for her.  

I love the combination, but boy would I get tired of it in a hurry if I ate it every day!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Grapefruits Are Good Now!

Love red grapefruit. Excellent review.

Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

It just occurred to me that the peaches, plums, and summer fruits are what I miss.  So the grapefruit gives me some of that sweet and tangy and juiciness I am missing!  

Honored Contributor

@SoonerI don't know the Texas schedule. but I do know this is the beginning of the season for Florida -   when we nade the transition to Florida for the winter, we always used to stop somehwere along 95 to buy bags of new oranges and grapefruit.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops You are lucky!  I love those big old Florida navel oranges and the great big red Texas Grapefruits!  

Enjoy those you will be getting!  I associate those oranges with the cold days and holidays.  

Honored Contributor

Grapefruit lover here too, and with no sugar on top. We just got some from FL. 

Honored Contributor

Good to hear!

I've been craving some ruby red grapefruit!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I love red grapefruit as well. When I was young, my mother would eat grapefruit with her breakfast. She would sometimes give us one, but it would be sprinkled with a little sugar. It was the perfect blend of tang and sweetness. When, I grew up, I discovered red grapefruit because it was on sale.and fell in love! Besides the beautiful color that added color to my breakfast plate, it was SWEET-no further need for sprinkling a little sugar. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

My mother had them for her breakfast.  She was always eating thin because we owned a restaurant and if she ate the food at the restaurant, she would have lost her (what was then) a size-10 figure (probably that would be a 6 now) with the vanity sizing.

Esteemed Contributor

Since DH and I have both been on Lipitor forever so (my understanding is) no grapefruit for us!