New Contributor

Hello, I've tried installing a CabiTV in my kitchen however I always find it accumulating oil and dirt even though I've installed it far from my oven. Anyone else who's having the same problem?

Esteemed Contributor

I just set my iPad on live TV so no problem for me. I didn’t get a TV installed in kitchen for that reason. 

Honored Contributor

I have an open concept house so when I'm working on my island in the kitchen I'm watching the tv in our great room! No fuss, no muss. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I have a TV in my small kitchen; it has an antenna, not cable.  I haven't found that it accumulates dust and oil, but I don't do much cooking.

Honored Contributor

I have a small tv tucked into a corner on my counter, right near my stove, and I don't have trouble with it getting greasy or extra dirty. I don't fry much though either, so that might have a lot to do with it. 

I tend to pull it out and wipe it down every week, and there is a lot of dust that accumulates behind it.

New Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I have an open concept house so when I'm working on my island in the kitchen I'm watching the tv in our great room! No fuss, no muss. Woman Happy

Awww now im jealous! 

New Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I have a small tv tucked into a corner on my counter, right near my stove, and I don't have trouble with it getting greasy or extra dirty. I don't fry much though either, so that might have a lot to do with it. 

I tend to pull it out and wipe it down every week, and there is a lot of dust that accumulates behind it.

Hmm probably. I fry a lot of stuff in the kitchen. Guess i just have to move my kitchen TV.

Honored Contributor

We had a tv on top of the fridge in our last house and had no problems with that, but then we hardly ever fry anything, so I think that is a big factor.

Also, we don't smoke, and smoke causes a lot of buildup in a house.