Honored Contributor

I'm finally getting a garage fridge!

Our garage re-do is underway and although I'm

stuff-ocating in clutter right now, I can visualize the end of it. 

DH is having an electrician put in additional outlets and lighting this week and then I can start the process of putting my life back in order... but here's the best part... we ordered a second fridge yesterday! 

I can't tell you low long I've wanted a second fridge!  It's 20+ cubic feet, top freezer, no frills and lots of space for my baking stuff!  I'm way more excited than I should be about a fridge, but I thought I'd post here because I know my kitchen friends will be happy for me!

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm finally getting a garage fridge!

@house_cat  We have a garage freezer and it is the best.  If this is your first garage appliance, I would suggest having a dedicated electrical line for your fridge if you have any problems with outlets going out on you.  

I get it about your being excited.  I was the same way!

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Yes, I am happy for you. We got one of those tall thin refrigerators few yrs ago for specials on butter and chickens. Real happy about it taking the strain off the bigger one in the house. Our garage has vents running out there too. In summer holds ice cream he's big on ice cream.

Congrats !

@house_cat 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SXMGirl 

Yes, for sure!  The electrician is coming on Tuesday and the fridge will arrive on Thursday!  

As it is now, we have only one outlet in the garage, so we'll be adding several more.  DH is a film editor, by trade.. retired, but he still has equipment and does jobs for friends, so he needs the outlets and there will be one JUST FOR MY FRIDGE!

DID I MENTION I'M GETTING A NEW FRIDGE?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

You will love it!  We have so much produce....could run a store out of my home!  The second refig is a necessitySmiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!    You're going to love it.  It makes life so much easier.  Soon it will be filled and you'll wonder how you did without it.

Valued Contributor

I have one as well and like the extra space.  I have read, though, that refrigeraters  should not be subjected to the extreme temperature fluctuations and possible humidity, dust, etc. from essentially being "outdoors".

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

You will love it!  We have so much produce....could run a store out of my home!  The second refig is a necessitySmiley Wink

Produce is one of the reasons I want it.  I would buy more of it and cook more of it, but I don't have the room. It gets squished into our one crisper drawer and often is lost and forgotten.

We are three adults living here - my son buys and prepares his own food most of the time, but he still takes up room in the fridge. So often he comes home with one of those ginormous plastic containers of spinach or greens and I want to cry because it takes up half of a fridge shelf.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@house_cat  We have a separate line, which we call the freezer zip code!  Such peace of mind.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@D Kay wrote:

I have one as well and like the extra space.  I have read, though, that refrigeraters  should not be subjected to the extreme temperature fluctuations and possible humidity, dust, etc. from essentially being "outdoors".

It's a concern. It gets really hot here.  I'm usually much more environmentally motivated, but I'm being selfish about this.  I figure we have one car and a small home so I'm not really a glutton about resources. Still, it is on my mind.

~ house cat ~