Honored Contributor

I sent pics back in the old q group. Big, but, cluttered haha I got to many gadgets. I love kitchen stuff though. Gander mtn. Has some good stuff. I got a vertical chicken roaster coming and a nice aluminum pot. I'm hopeless!

Respected Contributor

Our kitchen gets so much sunlight that the mica in the quartz sample flashed like a mirror.  The leather granite has a matte finish.   

The designer (erroneously) thinks I wanted soapstone for the black color.  The Black Fantasy we're looking at has swirls of cinnamon-brown in it, and is the real reason we're going with that particular granite.  

The vinyl slate floor I mentioned is shades of black/gray/cinnamon-brown.  Our backsplash will be a sheet of gun-metal gray metallic Formica.  It has a texture/pattern/bubble effect that matches the glass in our cabinet doors.  

I 'get' and agree about worrying about too many dark tones.  I'm hoping that it will help us that all our appliances are white, and I'm leaning towards either an ivory or light dove gray for the walls.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

Sharke, I missed your pics, but suspect you and I are polar opposites.  Clutter bothers me, and I am not big on gadgets. Woman Happy  

If I could manage it, my countertop would be completely bare, but I do have a toaster, mixer, cutting board, laptop and fruit bowl on one expanse and a coffee maker on another.

I thought I knew Gander Mtn. -- isn't that a sporting goods store?

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Sink

[ Edited ]

I forgot to mention your vinyl plank flooring, IamMrsG.  That flooring is beautiful and practical.

I was all set to get a quartz and then I suddenly noticed a glittery blue sparkle in the sample. I just couldn't get over that sparkle.

I just looked at the black fantasy leather -- gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG wrote:

Sharke, I missed your pics, but suspect you and I are polar opposites.  Clutter bothers me, and I am not big on gadgets. Woman Happy  

If I could manage it, my countertop would be completely bare, but I do have a toaster, mixer, cutting board, laptop and fruit bowl on one expanse and a coffee maker on another.

I thought I knew Gander Mtn. -- isn't that a sporting goods store?

Just for you IamMrs.G I decluttered (threw stuff on the floor) LOL and will be uploading different shots of my kitchen and angles to try to show the 12 ft. long L shaped counter. That granite pastry board I just bought Sat. Love that thing. Take stuff straight out of the oven and put on it . Really loving it !

No, Gander Mtn. you have to order some stuff online, but, they have kitchen cookware that is heavy duty you can use in home or if your out hunting, fishing, hiking, Rv 'ing, etc. Sturdy, practical stuff. I got the King Kooker 7 qt. (smallest) cooking pot, then, I bought the vertical chicken roaster/deluxe. My old one was stoneware and that stuff cracks. Mine had a small crack over the weekend and my chicken smoked up the oven set off the smoke detectors ! Threw that in the trash and this new one is stainless steel I think or aluminum.

Honored Contributor

DSC00025.JPGDSC00026.JPGDSC00027.JPGDSC00028.JPGDSC00029.JPGDSC00030.JPGDSC00031.JPGDSC00032.JPG

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Double sinks are on other side of kitchen LOL

floor is Mexican tile. If you drop something on it , it's gone !

Honored Contributor
I think your kitchen is the size of my living room! Lol! My kitchen is a shoebox!
Honored Contributor

Girl, when we built this house just a few yrs. ago here in Tx. I was shocked at how small they were building kitchens now days. I said to the builder "that's not gonna work for a country cook", so, we built this kitchen and adjoining living room as a great room. I didn't want to look to sloppy , so, I cleaned up the counter just for the group. LOL I got another half to show, but, I'd have to clean that up too. 

I need a maid.  I'm slow and old.

%ashark.gif

p.s. I was told the kitchens are small nowdays because people don't cook any more either go out or order in or it's all microwave meals. Sad. 

Honored Contributor
Sharke, my house was built in 1924.... Kitchens, closets and bathrooms were made small. We have made the 2 bathrooms larger and do have a walk-in closet in the master bedroom.