Honored Contributor

over in PC I'll tell you some stuff

Respected Contributor

Re: Kitchen Sink

[ Edited ]

tansy said:  That sounds like an excellent sink, novamc. I haven't spotted anything like that.

Below  is a photo of the sink I have.......still available after all these years.  Photos of all Corian sink styles are available at Dupont's Corian website:

http://www.dupont.com/products-and-services/construction-materials/surface-design-materials/brands/c...

DSP_Corian_Photograph_874_Sink_630x315

Honored Contributor

Good pics....

Esteemed Contributor

We moved out of our original home in 1996.  That was the last time I had a single sink and I miss it SOOOOOOO much!

I only read a few posts, but agree with another poster who said those two small sinks aren't worth much.  Actually, I'd say it in much stronger terms, which are not allowed here.

Our single sink, however, was not shaped like a bowl.  It was a rectangular stainless steel sink.  I'd shy away from a bowl, as sloshing is going to be an issue with that shape.

I loved my single sink because I could wash ANYTHING in that sink, including big pumpkins at Halloween, babies, etc. LOL!  And lots more, to boot.  We did have a dishwasher.  What needed to be hand washed, was done so in this sink, rinsed and placed on a terry towel for a short while, then towel dried.  No biggie.

We're moving into a new place (for us) next month and will be replacing the 2 small sink unit with one large rectangular one.  Already have the sink picked out.

p.s.  Since moving to Portland, we've been renting and have two sinks such as you describe, but they're square.  I just don't ever get the sense that they're clean, because I'm not convinced that the surface will remain non-porous.  Also, the piece of granite between my body and the sink is 6."  This means that I have to lean over the sink to do certain prep things, which my back does not like.   (I'm 5'4."  This would not be an issue for someone with more inches in height.)

Honored Contributor

I redid my kitchen two years ago.  This is my sink, and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

SINKOLOGY O'Keefe Undermount Handmade Pure Solid Copper 30 in. 0-Hole Single Bowl Kitchen Sink in Antique Copper

This SINKOLOGY handcrafted sink is made from the finest raw materials by SINKOLOGY’s team of skilled artisans. The flexible and functional design of each sink offers a wide range for any look. With clear-cut installation and easy to maintain care, all sinks from SINKOLOGY are designed for everyday living, while adding a point of pride to your home.

• A copper sink is the heart of the room; no other item can be as beautiful, practical and make a sudden impact
  • Matching ISE disposal flange and stopper available - model # TDD35-AC
  • Expertly crafted and finished by hand to make it uniquely yours
  • Crafted from the finest pure solid copper available
  • Commercial grade 16-Gauge pure solid copper .063 - 0.068 thickness
  • Flexible and easy to install, can be installed as an under mount or drop in
  • Maintenance free, simply wash with soap and water
  • Will not turn green with typical indoor use
  • Extra 27 in. x 17 in. large capacity single bowl helps make cleanup easy
  • Protected by a limited lifetime warranty

Honored Contributor
That sink is a beauty, Lolakimona. I might put a copper one in the guest bath.
Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:
That sink is a beauty,Lolakimona. I might put a copper one in the guest bath.

@tansy

Why thanks!

I could bathe both cats simultaneously in it.  But, of course, I would need a blood transfusion afterwards! 

Respected Contributor

This is the single undermount sink that I have & it came as a package with the sink grid included from Pacific Sales when I redid my kitchen a couple of years ago:

http://www.empire-industries.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=26_196_82_58&products_id=184&osCsid=...

Honored Contributor

Glad it's stainless. No fussing with that stuff. MIne is deep and plenty wide for washing turkeys and big pans, etc. I think it all depends on what you plan to do in your kitchen. If your a busy cook you tend to lean on pratical and fast things to help you in your jobs. I like grape juice, enough said. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@tansy wrote:
That sink is a beauty,Lolakimona. I might put a copper one in the guest bath.

@tansy

Why thanks!

I could bathe both cats simultaneously in it.  But, of course, I would need a blood transfusion afterwards! 

lola,

Love, love, love your sink!  Very similar to the one we moved away from in '96 and just about identical to the one that's going into our new place next month.  Can't wait!