Occasional Contributor

Kitchen Product Request: Pressure Cooker Gadgets

Since the group is out looing for new products at the trade show this week, I'd like to add some suggestins for Pressure Cookers, as QVC seems to be a great resource for motivating people (like me) to take up the new, hip art of pressure cooking.

1. Inserts (for multiple sizes) I see the new set fits a 6 qt, but there is a range of pressure cookers (gadgets) and cookers (chefs).  I'm a 2 qt girl, and would like see inserts for the 2 qt size.  BASKETS, CAKE PAN, STEAMER, STAND

The new set (especially the cake pan is awesome, but we need more sizes than the 6 quart (4 and below).

2. Optional STAINLESS POTS.  This is the calling card of the InstaPot.  I would so purchase these for my CE pressure cookers.  Not available anywhere else, QVC would make a killing if they offered these AND gain new cusomers who already own pressure cookers from QVC or other retailers.  

3.  LIDS that help transform our pressure cookers into Crock Pots & Rice Cookers.  Universal lids with pluggable holes for turning them into rice  cooker lids vs crock pot lids.  Would save some wear and tear on the flow release nozzle when cooking these other items.

4.  SILICONE spoons (I found some at local supermarket), tongs, spatulas/spurtles.

Can't say enough good things about silicone for saving nonstick surfaces.  Have the Eliz Karmel forks for this purpose, but could really see someone making specailty tool set for  pressure cooking.  

And those little silicone grips that came with the little multi-cooker awhile back...those would be sweet.

5.  SILICONE SPONGES - combine those with necessary tools for fleaning out pressure cooker pot.

6.  And for Foods Sake...if you have to sell prepackaged foods, come up with something that we have to have to cook in the pressure cooker.  (Great demo on dare I say it...hsn...where prepackaged noodle mix placed in pressure cooker with frozen chicken).  I could see you doing something with that.

Just some thoughts on how to sell more, appeal to base, and get new customers for those interested in or attention grabbed by pressure cooking.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Product Request: Pressure Cooker Gadgets

Use your imagination when it comes to inserts for your 2qt. You can always use tin can, even coffee cans, that fit inside your PC.  I needed an insert for my 6qt and discovered the insert for my Evine Wonder Pot fit perfectly. 

Pressure cookers that have a slow cook function generally come with a glass lid.  My CE 6qt did.  It takes more than a lid to make a PC into a slow cooker.... it must be programmed for that function. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Great ideas @jayayzle! I'd love to have a rack/steamer basket that fits the 2qt PC, and your suggestion about prepackaged PC food items is genius. These are things I've not seen anywhere else, which should be great for qvc, right? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

People usually buy prepared food because they can't or don't want to cook.  PC cooking is just a matter of dumping ingredients in; you don't need anything in the way of preparation or prepackaged.  I don't think that idea is feasible. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the mention.  I try looking for solutions instead of complaining...most of the time.  But seems like more folks are trending towards smaller tools in some respects.  Pampered Chef is finally coming up with some items where you don't have to cook for an army.  Makes sense, yeah?  Since seniors, singles, and couples have the most expendable income, but require the smallest amounts of food.  

PChef went to personal pizza stones, small grill, and small baker.  Just sayin'Smiley Happy

Two quart fits this lifestyle, so QVC should help us out a bit with the tools and items we need to optimize their use - and to keep us engaged and buying.

Occasional Contributor

Ah, but I have seen it work in a demo video.  Was pretty nice.  Check it out on HSN.  And I was just trying to give QVC some product ideas.  I can cook without them, but the demo was kind of cool.

Occasional Contributor

The CE 2 qt is programable for that function...wouldn't have asked otherwise.  I just don't like using the unit lid for slow cooking and rice cooking.  This unit, unlike some of the other CE pressure cookers (but not all) does not come with any lids.

Sure, the functions will work without extra lids, but I'm more comfortable working with conventional (esp clear) lids that come with these other gadgets.  PChef has a set of silicone stretch lids that have a pluggable steam port. Something like that would be great for pressure cookers that don't come with extra lids.

Honored Contributor

@jayayzle I agree as many folks like me live alone smaller appliances are becoming much more available.  I don't know if you tried this already but I would snoop through Amazon to see if they have any racks, trays or inserts that would work in your PC.  I have an air fryer and found a nice little pan that fits into my small fryer (I think the vendor was Fat Daddio) that may have something that could work for you.

Super Contributor

My request (for any cookware) would be to please get away from the Teflon coatings and go to ceramic non-stick. Though it no longer contains the carcinogen PFOA (by law -- though with all the regulations that are being rolled back, who knows how much longer that will be true), Teflon still contains PTFE, which is deadly to pet parrots if it's even slightly overheated.

I've seen plenty of items on the Q that I would have bought -- but they use a Teflon coating. Sorry, but with five parrots, that's a dealbreaker. I've turned to other sources for my multicooker, food processor, numerous pieces of bakeware, and WonderPot. A few years ago, MarkCharles had a wonderful set of three ceramic-coated frying pans that I bought just before they sold out -- bring them back instead of the CE with the UltraTeflon lining. And please list in the description that the coating uses PTFE. A lot of people want to stay away from that stuff -- not just those of us who are worried about the little feathered lves in our charge.

Use Teflon, lose me as a customer.