Frequent Contributor

Kitchen Aid stand mixer help

I cannot get the attachment off my kitchen aid stand mixer. Is there a trick to get it off? Yes, I know you push up and turn but it will not budge. It's stuck and frustrating me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid stand mixer help

Are you turning it back to the left after you push it up?

Respected Contributor

How about ""wiggling"" it around a little bit ... or maybe turn it on for a minute?? and then try.

Honored Contributor

To load: turn beater to left, hooking beater over pin on shaft. To remove, press beater upward and turn RIGHT pull downward to remove. ( pro series bowl must be in down position, tilt head recommends tilt back head to remove) these instructions are from my KA manual which came with my pro series. Hope this helps
Frequent Contributor

On 3/23/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

It won't 'push up' which is the problem.
Honored Contributor

Perhaps the spring mechanism is missing as this is what allows the push/drop to click the beater into place or stripped. How old is the mixer? And dumb ? Did u buy a flex edge beater or replace the original one--there are a lot of ""knockoffs"" out there. Do u have someone with the same mixer who maybe able to give you assistance. I've had trouble with things like this (my new electronic sewing machine I can't thread the stupid thing -- my friend comes over how dumb am I). I would call KA customer service 1-800-541-6390 m-f 8-8 Good luck
Occasional Contributor

Home decor 1 I have the same exact problem! I have tried everything that they have suggested at kitchen aid and nothing works. They suggested putting a hot cloth around the top of the beater for a few minutes and the heat would loosen the beater. Didn't work. I had my mixer just a little bit over a year and it's pretty upsetting that a product that cost this much is a product that I cannot use properly. Right now I am using it but I need to clean the beater while its attached since it won't come off! Of course this is not optimal since I cannot use any of the other attachments! Very frustrating for a product I had high hopes for, and was excited to finally be able to purchase. If I hear of any other way to remove it I will definitely let you know.
Trusted Contributor

I usually have some difficulty as well. One thing I discovered is after using the beaters make sure to clean the area where it goes back on with hot water. My husband used it to make pizza dough one time and didn't get all the dough out and it took me forever to clean it out the next time I went to use it.
Honored Contributor

On 3/27/2015 my cucina said: Home decor 1 I have the same exact problem! I have tried everything that they have suggested at kitchen aid and nothing works. They suggested putting a hot cloth around the top of the beater for a few minutes and the heat would loosen the beater. Didn't work. I had my mixer just a little bit over a year and it's pretty upsetting that a product that cost this much is a product that I cannot use properly. Right now I am using it but I need to clean the beater while its attached since it won't come off! Of course this is not optimal since I cannot use any of the other attachments! Very frustrating for a product I had high hopes for, and was excited to finally be able to purchase. If I hear of any other way to remove it I will definitely let you know.
I have no problems with my KA it's the best thing I ever bought BUT I have a brand new Singer sewing machine I don't use cuz I can't thread it!!! As for your problem with not being able to remove the beater I would contact KA and get the name of an appliance repair authorized dealer - it would be worth the cost (if reasonable) to have them look at it and see if it's a defect! I registered my KA for the reason if something went wrong they'd have a record of my purchase. I'm sorry but this is not acceptable!!! Like you said your mixer is 1 yr old ,,, needs to be resolved. These machines are made to do a lot more than use one beater!!!
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2015 kkris812 said:
On 3/23/2015 JeanLouiseFinch said:

It won't 'push up' which is the problem.
Just reading this thread again....how old is this KA. Kris you need to contact them, and see if others have the same problem perhaps it's a defect! Check consumers report I know I'd be "bi####g" and demanding answers! When I read these problems with newer machines I think 2x about selling mine to get the tilt-head!