Respected Contributor

Kitchen Aid Rep-Tina

[ Edited ]

I think Tina does a good job for Kitchen Aid and explains the recipes she makes as she goes along.  I noticed the whiny voice of hers is gone. I know that bothered some people so

be sure to watch her now and enjoy her presentations.

She explains the appliances she presents step by step and that is nice. 

She had big shoes to fill and is doing well in my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

i still have to use the mute button.....jmo....

Honored Contributor

I don't really watch KA presentations because I have zero interest in their products, since the changes.  But the other day I was in another room and they were showing some KA product and I could have sworn that the lady who used to present on QVC was back.  This lady's voice sounds the same as hers, to me.

I have some pretty severe sensory issues, especially with hearing, and anything that is high, shrill, loud, etc, makes my ears bleed. (slight exaggeration)  Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I think she does a great job and has made a nice transition into the role.  Seems like a really nice person.  Baking is a nice sanctuary.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

I think she has improved a lot.  She had "big shoes to fill" since Laura W. was so loved and had been doing that job for so long.  I like the way Tina really explains a lot of details to a recipe.   Her voice has improved also. I'm going to have to look at her recipes online.

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

i still have to use the mute button.....jmo....

@nana59.   I agree.  I tried to watch a presentation and didn't last 2 minutes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  I have to agree.  The new girl sounds just like Laura Weathers.  The TV was on the other day and I wasn't watching, but heard the voice and had to look --- for a second, I thought Laura was back!  I wonder if they trained her to talk like Laura.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I think Tina seems very sweet and knowledgeable. I actually just watched the last 10 minutes of the TSV presentation, and it honestly made me a bit conflicted to hear the big contrast between her previous voice timbre and her current slow, purposefully low cadence and tone. I appreciate the fact that her voice is less shrill now, but I'm not sure if I'm happy for her in knowing that she had to change herself so much. Obviously, salespeople need to adapt to make sales; I hope things continue to go well for Tina.

Respected Contributor

@MKR14:  The difference in Tina's voice today was because she had a slight case of laryngitis.

Trusted Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I think Tina does a good job for Kitchen Aid and explains the recipes she makes as she goes along.  I noticed the whiny voice of hers is gone. I know that bothered some people so

be sure to watch her now and enjoy her presentations.

She explains the appliances she presents step by step and that is nice. 

She had big shoes to fill and is doing well in my opinion.

@MKR14

Is that  because Tina had laryngitis  tonight?

Didn’t her predessor ( I forgot her name) also have a naturally high pitch voice as well?

BTW, does Carol Allen’s voice also bother you as well?  Same pitch as Tina’s?

FWIW, Tina’s and Carols naturally speaking voice doesn’t bother me a bit at all.  

Hung