Respected Contributor

Just ran white vinegar through it a couple of times. Small amount of sediment came out. Second flush was clear. Also left the lid and brew section up, for air circulation 
thanks everyone for your input 

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Respected Contributor

Yes I always leave the lid up after using.  I run vinegar thru it too occasionally.

I'd wipe off that mold tho with bleach and a paper towel

Honored Contributor

I've had my Keurig for about 10 years.  I have the 72oz "big brute", run Vinegar through it all the time and have never had a problem, also leave my lids up.  Great cuppa coffee!!  Will hate it when it goes to the big coffee pod in the sky..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

l got a bottle of solution to clean out the kureg just put in a small amount and fill up the reservoir like you would if making coffee . Run the cycle through and then 2 more cycles with plain water . My husband uses the kureg mini to make hot chocolate every day !  l use a different one for my coffee . 

Esteemed Contributor

We've had a Keurig mini for years and never any mold.  As others mentioned, I always lift up both lids for a few hours to let things dry out after using it. 

I'm not as diligent about using the vinegar solution to clean it - maybe once a year? The good thing about the mini is that there's no interior reservoir that could be holding unseen mold, just the very visible, very cleanable open reservoir on top.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

You are supposed to clean your Keurig with the cleaning solution or use the K Cups that designed for cleaning your Keurig. I buy them from Amszon.