Honored Contributor

Did not buy from qvc,but  i descaled it yesterday, bought late last year,under 1 yr.old,it stopped working while going through process of descaling,  read on line this is a big problem with them,any one had this problem?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Super Contributor

Re: Keurig k supreme problem

Same thing happened to me during descaling. I contacted Keurig and was sent a new machine. Sorry you had the same happen to you. 

Valued Contributor

I descaled my machine about 8 months ago and the descale light has just appeared again.  When I did mine I used the "official"  Keurig descaling solution and followed the instructions to the letter.  After I was all done the descaling light was still blinking and nothing would make it go off.  I called Keurig customer service and a very patient woman walked me through the entire process again.  Still blinking.  Once we had exhausted all our options she asked me for my machine's serial # and where I bought it.  Although it was 1 month out of warranty she sent me a brand new machine.  I asked if in the interim I would still be able to safely use it and she said yes.  I made a cup of coffee and the light immediately went out.  I am still using that machine and my free replacement is waiting in the closet for it's day in the sun.  Moral of the story?  Call Keurig customer service directly!  They are (or were for me) outstanding and they stand by their product.  Good luck to you! .....and to me as I try the procedure again!

Honored Contributor

Add my vote for calling Keurig.  When I had a stupid user problem, CS walked me through the solution very patiently.  The one lesson I learned then is that you have to do every step in order for the machine to work! 

I just had a failure of a 20-year old mini Keurig.  I didn't even bother calling - found a great sale on a new mini-  and would you believe, it wouldn't work because twice I wasn't doing exactly what the directions meant.  Works perfectly now.

Respected Contributor

I descaled mine in the past - had to end up buying a new one.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Been trying to call this morning,may i ask what number you called? Got a person that did not speak clear english,will try again.

Honored Contributor

We are on a well with a Culligan water softening system.  I'm afraid to buy a Keurig.  Anyone in this situation who has used a Keurig with  success?

Respected Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Add my vote for calling Keurig.  When I had a stupid user problem, CS walked me through the solution very patiently.  The one lesson I learned then is that you have to do every step in order for the machine to work! 

I just had a failure of a 20-year old mini Keurig.  I didn't even bother calling - found a great sale on a new mini-  and would you believe, it wouldn't work because twice I wasn't doing exactly what the directions meant.  Works perfectly now.

Would you mind elaborating on what directions you weren't following exactly?  My Keurig Mini is 10 years old and I've been thinking of buying a new one just for a back up.  Can't be without my Keurig lol.

Honored Contributor

It is a problem when descaling, lots of people are having this happen ,info on  this problem.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

We are on a well with a Culligan water softening system.  I'm afraid to buy a Keurig.  Anyone in this situation who has used a Keurig with  success?

Yes!  We have well and septic and just got a new Sharp water system. However, we have had a system here since we built this house for the past 21 years. Water is too rusty and you have to have it.   Never affected the Keurig. Works great. Have had this keurig machine maybe 4 years now.  Only have to descale maybe once every 5 months. Water is crisp and clear. Hope this helps😉