Frequent Contributor

I am so very frustrated .  I bought a new Keurig K Supreme because of the 5 puncture needles.  Several weeks later it started spitting coffee grinds all over the place.  I even had to use a fine mesh strainer to get them out of my mug.  I thought it was just a lemon.  Took it back to Target and replaced it with another one.  It happened AGAIN.  And, I've had the replacement for only 3 days!  What is going on?  Could it be a design flaw?  Anyone else have this problem?

Frequent Contributor

I have that Keurig.  It works great.  There was one time when it seemed it was blowing up,  smoking and spitting.  I cleaned up the mess and ran several cups of plain water into the cup to get rid of any leftover grounds.   I think it was because I put the K cup in but didn't press it down into the holder.  I just closed the lid and figured that would push the K cup all the way in.  Sometimes it does.  Since I started pushing the K cup in before closing the lid I haven't had a problem.  If you continue to have a problem, call Keurig.  Their customer service is great. 

Super Contributor

Same exact thing happened to me from the first time I used it. Also, it didn't give me the correct amount of ounces I selected. I contacted Keurig and spent a half hour on the phone with the rep trying to solve the problem to no avail. In the end, a new machine was sent to me, and I will be setting it up today. I suggest u contact Keurig. 

Valued Contributor

I have had that same machine for 2 years now.  Works like a charm. (Knock on wood!)

I have had the odd cup with grounds in my coffee and I think it is the k-cup itself.  I think there are overfilled cups or cups whose plastic is too thick to pierce correctly and they spill over.  When I got a random cup with grounds in it I made another one and it was fine.  I have also heard people say that you need to make sure you have pressed down hard enough when closing down on the k-cup.  You should hear a definite "pop" sound as it is pierced from below.

Regular Contributor

Same problem. Kerrigan sent us a small part overnight. DH installed it and it's working perfectly now.

Respected Contributor

@CindyDale  I have had four Keurigs and only one worked....I will never purchase another one. 

Trusted Contributor

@CindyDale   I don't have the Supreme model, only the regular Keurig but have had grounds every where.  I started shaking the pod a few times before putting it in and have not had a problem since.  I think the pods are sometimes packed to hard or tight and just need to be loosened.

Respected Contributor

@CindyDale   I've had the Keurig K Supreme for many years and use it daily.  I've had the same thing happen maybe 5-6 times in that time period. It doesn't sound like a Keurig defect.