Honored Contributor

I have the same trouble.  I use a goodly amount of coffee creamer so it tends to cool pretty quickly.  First off, I don't know if this helps, but I use a smaller cup.  As soon as my cup comes out of the Krueig and I add my creamer, I put it in the microwave for about 1 minute.  It gets pretty hot then!  If I don't drink it quickly enough I just stick it back in the microwave.  When I worked, I used one of those little plug in devices that you sit your cup or mug on.  It helped some!  I would say if you use an insulated travel mug that would probably be an option although I don't like drinking out of those myself.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

my husband uses a yeti mug because it takes him forever to finish his coffee. it stays hot for quite a while and he loves that about it 

Super Contributor

I must have my coffee piping hot!  I have a 16 oz  Thermos Nissan by Thermos and  2 17 oz. Thermocafe thermos by Thermos which are the best I have found.  I have several other brands which don't do near as well as the Thermos brand. 

I did an experiment with my thermos's using water heated in the microway and did hourly temp checks with a thermometer for 24 hours.  The 16 oz kept water hottest the longest.  The 2 17 oz thermos's followed close to the 16 oz but they even tho they were identical they slightly varied in temperature.  I have them marked as #1, #2, #3.  I AM SERIOUS ABOUT MY HOT COFFEE!!!

I heat water and put it in the thermos.  When my coffee is ready, my thermos is ready.  I empty the water and fill with coffee and my thermos goes where ever I go.  Sometimes I make enough coffee for 2 thermos.  

I picked up a 10 oz. Nissan Thermos stainless cup with a rubber removable gasket around the top edge about 20 years ago.  It didn't come with a lid and I've never seen another one like it.  I pour about 3 or 4 oz. of coffee in it at a time.  Sometimes I put a rubber cover over it to keep it from sloshing when I walk and to keep it hotter a little longer.

BTW I did the same temperature experiment with my other mugs and have them marked #1, #2......  

I guess my obsession with hot coffee is showing!    LOL 

Respected Contributor

Re: Keeping coffee hot

[ Edited ]

You are singing my tune @geegerbee ...I suffer from the same. I love tea/coffee piping hot...always gets tepid right away, and I get tired of microwaving it...which really only heats it for about 30 seconds.

BF bought me a little electric coaster. I use it occasionally. It does keep it hot...but depending on the cup I'm using...usually ceramic or Polish stoneware...sometimes I taste the material of the cup being heated up more than the actual heating of the coffee or the tea.  Probably not great. So I rarely use that.

I had forgotten about Yeti! I had seen the mugs on Amazon and meant to buy one...I do have a regular portable tall mug from Yeti...they work great, keeping things hot/cold for hours.

Good luck~let us know if you find something that works great.

Esteemed Contributor

@geegerbee I bought a MIRA stainless steel (food grade of course) insulated travel mug.

I am with others that love HOT coffee and I have tried every travel mug on the planet.

This one is very hghly rated, doesn't leak and keeps beverages hot or cold for hours.  I have had very good luck with mine, I use it all the time.  I do believe the YETI is very similar.

Trusted Contributor

OMG I love all you fellow hot coffee drinkers!!!  Coffee to me is a crime against humanity (j/k)  if it's lukewarm.  LIke many out there I hit the Keuring and then put my mug in the microwave for 1 minute.  I'm afraid no one will make a "HOT" coffee brewer anymore probably due to possible lawsuits from burns.  Would be nice if we could dial a temperature on the coffee makers.  A setting for "super hot"  would sell like crazy lol.  I mean they have all sorts of settings now...why not have a way to set the water temp?  For now I am grateful for microwaves.  Smiley Happy  

Esteemed Contributor

It helps to get the cup hot first.  Also heating the milk if you use it.

I can work the microwave by rote in the dark 🥱

Valued Contributor

I have a 24 oz. Contigo travel mug.  I heat it with hot water from my electric tea kettle.

I make my coffee, discard the water, and then fill the Contigo.  Luckily, I have a commercial grade Keurig that produces really hot coffee.  I have been using it daily for many years.  I also have a vintage Farberware percolater, made in the USA.  It produces scalding hot coffee so I truly love that thing !!!

If I decide I want cream in my mug, I preheat the cream in a measuring cup in the microwave and then add the heated cream to my Contigo.

It keeps my coffee hot enough for me (and I like it hot) until lunch time at work.

I do know that alot of the coffee warmers do not keep the coffee as hot as they used to.  I guess they were a fire hazard so they reduced the temperature. I had a Mr. Coffee brand coffee cup warmer on my desk years ago that really kept my coffee hot.  The last two or three that I purchased barely kept it luke warm.

Honored Contributor

Microwave. I want my coffee very hot but not ruined.

Be very careful, though, if you are reheating a small amount of coffee. I've had a couple scary incidents doing that. One time, I took the mug out, it exploded with coffee hitting my head (we have an over-the-counter microwave.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I too warm the cup up under hot water before pouring the coffee.