Valued Contributor

I gave DH an ember mug for Christmas. It links to his phone and he can control the temp that way. Seems to like it. I purchased the original one despite the reviews, but perhaps the second gen is better.

Honored Contributor

I have seen the personal cup warmers that were mentioned before.

There are also small thermos bottles with an open close spout to drink out of.  

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee   Have you seen the ember mug?  It is tempature controlled so it can keep your coffee at a set tempature while you enjoy it without it cooling off.  Target has it for $99.  I don't think you have to use the tracking, etc, and could just just set the tempature if you like.  

Here is the description: 

Designed for home or office, the Ember Mug and its companion smartphone app allow you to set your precise drinking temperature for hot beverages, track caffeine consumption, save presets for your favorite drinks, customize the LED color and more. Ember maintains your chosen temperature for approximately 1.5 hours, so your warm beverage stays perfect from the first sip to the last drop.

• Temperature Range – 120°F - 145°F

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee Glad you have a plan and best of luck!

Frequent Contributor

Try a double walled clear glass mug from Bodum. I can’t even sip my coffee for at least 20 minutes after I pour it because it stays so hot. 

Honored Contributor

Drink fast!  I've tried everything .... never keeps it hot enough/  Don't like metal either.  But I got a Yeti last year and it keeps it hot for a long time.  I would boil water and let it sit in the Yeti which helps to heat the inside.   When the coffee was brewed I'd pour into a large measuring and heated the coffee from the pot cuz it's never hot enough for me and heat it in the microwave and transport it back to the Yeti.  It's a lot of work.  Then I drink it as quickly as I can.

Honored Contributor

Zojirushi makes the best travel mugs and tumblers I've found.  They are great at keeping things hot or cold.  You do not touch metal drinking out of them and the top comes apart for easy cleaning.

Trusted Contributor

Pour hot water in the cup to warm it up.

toss the water and pour the coffee or tea. 

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I like my coffee hot, not lukewarm---same with tea. I have tried it in porcelain, stainless steel, ceramic etc. It gets cold so fast.  I saw one today that is enameled metal. I was wondering if this would be good at keeping my drinks hot enough. I really don;t like drinking from metal, but this would be coated.  Any one?

@geegerbee 

Primula thermal cups that the Q sells are great for keeping hot & cold beverages

Respected Contributor

@geegerbee  You must try a Yeti cup, coffee will be hot for hours. They are a little $$$$ but worth it.