Respected Contributor

I apologize if there's already a thread about this, but I just saw a show on Food Network called Kitchen Crash hosted by Jeff Mauro, one of my favorite FN hosts. I like him but I don't care for the premse of the show. 

Competing chefs invade a neighborhood and run around knocking on doors (early on a Saturday morning mind you) asking homeowners for food so they can cook a (hopefully) winning meal right there in the street.

This reminds me of Supermarket Steakout, just a different location.

Have you seen this show?

I really wish FN would go back to actual cooking shows. These competition shows are getting to be all the same.

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 

I like some of his recipes, he's pretty creative.  This show sounds awful, only FN show I can watch is The Kitchen and that's using FF often.

Honored Contributor

I like Jeff Mauro but no way would I watch this mess.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a fan of Jeff, so I have no interest in the show.

Honored Contributor

I also like Jeff, but this wouldn't interest me as the other couple of shows similar to this didn't.

I watch some FN shows, and enjoy them, but some premises just don't appeal to me and this is one.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I also like Jeff, but this wouldn't interest me as the other couple of shows similar to this didn't.

I watch some FN shows, and enjoy them, but some premises just don't appeal to me and this is one.

And i don't understand why they need yet another competition show.

They have far too many to begin with, along with shows that boil down to basically being giant advertisements for different restaurants. Like Food Paradise, Best Places to Pig Out (just saw that the other day and turned it off) Triple D

Honored Contributor

Sounds stupid I'd give him a can of Dinty Moore Beef Stew

Valued Contributor

This is a lot like the show that was on FN years ago called Doorknock Dinners. They would go into someones kitchen and make a meal with just what they could find in the homeowners house. It was hosted by Gordon Elliott and one of the chefs on it was Paula Deen long before she was a household name. I always enjoyed the show but have not seen the one with Jeff M. I'll try to remember to check it out.

cookin