Trusted Contributor

I answered this question on another thread.

There is a link, right above the description to ask the KitchenAid staff questions about the TSV. Have a question about the TSV®? Post it here! Our KitchenAid expert will be answering throughout the day.

I looked at the blog and your question was asked and answered there:

How many HP is the motor of this food processor?

This model uses a universal DC motor, delivering 420 watts. This converts to just over 1/2 hp.

Honored Contributor

I'm actually watching this presentation waiting to see them have a caller extolling the greatness of Made in America KitchenAid. Wondering how the host/vendor would handle that without admitting that this one is made in China.

Another thing that is striking is how they say that nobody except a very experienced chef could POSSIBLY dice ingredients like that. Really? If you have about two minutes I'll show you how and I am 21 years in with arthritis. I know - sales tactics, but I still get amused at the ridiculously silly stuff they say. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
On 1/25/2015 chickenbutt said:

I'm actually watching this presentation waiting to see them have a caller extolling the greatness of Made in America KitchenAid. Wondering how the host/vendor would handle that without admitting that this one is made in China.

Another thing that is striking is how they say that nobody except a very experienced chef could POSSIBLY dice ingredients like that. Really? If you have about two minutes I'll show you how and I am 21 years in with arthritis. I know - sales tactics, but I still get amused at the ridiculously silly stuff they say. Smiley Happy

My 12 cup wihich I've had for years is made in China.

LOL, and no most people can't cut everything so uniformly.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 debc said:
On 1/25/2015 chickenbutt said:

My 12 cup wihich I've had for years is made in China.

LOL, and no most people can't cut everything so uniformly.

My food processor is a Cuisinart and it's probably made in China too. Been really great all these years, though.

But my thing with KA is that they always shouted from the rooftops that the great thing about their company is that all their products are made in the US....well, were made in the US.

But now they have QVC food processors and hand mixers that are made in China. I worry that that, combined with having an order for tens of thousands of them, has a profound effect on quality. But they still ride high on their OLD reputation. It's good for people to know what they're buying and, unfortunately, you cannot depend on truthfulness from vendors and show hosts for ALL the facts.

Super Contributor

I have attended culinary classes with my students with special needs. A whole semester was spent on just perfecting cutting techniques. The criteria was every piece had to be uniform and it had to be done FAST. I couldn't do it. If viewers have dexterity issues, Parkinson's or arthritis, chopping can be tiring and uneven.

Super Contributor
On 1/25/2015 lacey1 said:

If the dicing attachment is the biggest reason for getting the TSV, why not consider some of the manual dicers? Chef Tony has the nicer dicers-they have different blades, so you can vary the size of the dice. The TSV has only one size dice.

On Edit: After I've watched today's presentation-I bet the TSV has the wimpy wattage. The motor sounds just like the demo from the 360 watt machine. It seems as if it's being strained at times.

Your observation of the straining sound is exactly what I heard to and when I saw the pizza dough demo, that clinched it for me. I also have another chef toneylike dicer and it is very easy, effective, and simple to clean, and has various sizes of which I rarely if ever use the .5".