Trusted Contributor

In 2009, I purchased a KitchenAid 9 cup FP-it is 700 watts and works great.

Last year, QVC offered a 9 cup FP,(K41122). It had 360 watts and got a lot of bad reviews.

I can't find info on Today's TSV FB about the watts.

IMO: My old machine is better made than these newer ones.

Contributor

good question. I searched everywhere and I could not find. I called customer service and they did not know but gave me the KitchenAid customer service centers number 1*800*541*6390 unfortunately not open today. The watts are proudly displayed for mixers along with every other spec you could think of but no watts listed. I could see where this would be a problem...consumer reports lists KitchenAid KFP1333 as 420 watts rated 52 out of 100 this is model K41996 not the same model....personal reviews (10) were from 1 and 2 stars,,,,,I was so excited about this purchase...now rethinking....may wait till next time.

thank you

edit : Even the 9 cup has the watts listed as 360 but looked on WS site at the 700 watt one and reviews were mixed...some loved others not so much ??? I've been wanting one since they came out but was waiting for price to come down...{#emotions_dlg.glare} I was also going to figure out the watts but amp draw not listed either

Valued Contributor

I have a 13 cup KA that is a few years old and it is awesome, but, I am dieing for that new dicer blade. I can't justify buying a new one just for that feature... darn!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

chi_gator -- Same here. I looked all over and found the same thing you did. 420 watts. It looks like the same machine -- just without the dicing attachment. There are a lot of bad reviews on Amazon too. I have the 700 watt food processor and was going to buy this one for the dicing attachment. I was excited about this one too -- but I will wait until the dicing attachment is available on a better model.

Honored Contributor

I have the KFP-600 which is 11 cups. It doesn't have the watts on it either on the bottom or in the manual it comes with. It is made in France.

I love it, I use it all the time (just made flourless muffins in it last night).

My only regret is that I didn't get the 13 cup. You would think 11 cups is a lot, but most recipes I make just about fit and some I have to get creative.

I've learned my lesson with countertop appliances to just go as big as they come because I have always needed to or have to upgrade to the larger size.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor
On 1/25/2015 Chicagoan said:

I have a 13 cup KA that is a few years old and it is awesome, but, I am dieing for that new dicer blade. I can't justify buying a new one just for that feature... darn!

I felt that way about the glass bowl for the stand mixer. If you wait long enough, it will be available as a stand alone item.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

Lacey you are right about the older ones being made better. This one there are a lot of reviews about parts breaking, hard to clean (even some of the 4 & 5 stars said this) , etc..

Honored Contributor

I have to admit that I'm impressed with the speed of the TSV and the features. I have a 25 year old Cuisinart processor that still works great, but if I didn't, I'd be interested in this TSV.

~ house cat ~
New Contributor
I am so undecided. I am hesitant to purchase without knowing the wattage. I am leery that it isn't obvious on the specs info. I don't have a processor and would love the dicing blade.
Trusted Contributor

If the dicing attachment is the biggest reason for getting the TSV, why not consider some of the manual dicers? Chef Tony has the nicer dicers-they have different blades, so you can vary the size of the dice. The TSV has only one size dice.

On Edit: After I've watched today's presentation-I bet the TSV has the wimpy wattage. The motor sounds just like the demo from the 360 watt machine. It seems as if it's being strained at times.