Esteemed Contributor

Just so you know - 30 minutes ago I opened one package of thawed K City tips and they certainly don't look like what I'm seeing on TV.  After 'picking' over the tips I think I'v found 4 pcs for dinner that are decent.  Meaning:  chewable but have my doubts. If not - they will be expensive stew.

Won't buy again!

Honored Contributor

I'm not even surprised although I've never ordered any KC from QVC.

Several times, my SO received large supplies of various KC meats -  tips, steaks, burgers, maybe something else.   None of it was as good as what we were buying locally.  My understanding was that the gifts had been sent directly from the company.

Esteemed Contributor

Interestingly...I just opened a bag of KC tips and I thought the meat was not cut as well as stated nor presented.  My pieces had way too much gristle on and in them. The taste was not great either....will not be ordering again!

Esteemed Contributor

Exactly - loaded with gristle and everything from triangle cuts - to too big cuts - to scrap pieces.  How Q and K City can continue to offer sub-par meat is beyond me. 

Their quality is at the lowest level.

Valued Contributor

i bought corkys ribs one time never again all grizzle and fat    would never buy any food on line 

Respected Contributor

Re: K City Tenderloin Tips

[ Edited ]

@fthunt @elizabethl123 @corita @millieshops 

Folks, it sounds as though if your item was clothing, you would return it for credit.  I would call and complain the product was subpar and not as presented: get credit for the disaster....you wasted time, cooking energy, your energy, etc.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

Definitely complain to QVC for a refund.  If nobody complains, they will continue to sell a substandard product.  I think people believe that they can’t get a refund on food.  Not true.  FWIW, I have received KC meats as gifts and they go right in the trash.

Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Just so you know - 30 minutes ago I opened one package of thawed K City tips and they certainly don't look like what I'm seeing on TV.  After 'picking' over the tips I think I'v found 4 pcs for dinner that are decent.  Meaning:  chewable but have my doubts. If not - they will be expensive stew.

Won't buy again!

I haven't opened mine yet.  My Mom sends me the other KC steak tips.  Bythe time you trim all the fat off them, there isn't much there. 

Honored Contributor

Be sure and call Customer Service and ask for a refund.  (They don't want the food returned.)  You are entitled to the refund and also it causes them to recognize the items that do not meet customers' expectations.  I ordered a few food items years ago, but will no longer do it.  Most items were not as shown and just not good.

Respected Contributor

I had been on a repeat order that recently ran its course.  I was happy with every package.  Yes, the pieces were not identical in size.  I don't expect that.  I cut larger pieces to fit skewers or as needed and found almost nothing needing to be trimmed.  I'd wondered why I couldn't keep receiving these, now I'm thinking they've had a hard time with consistent quality?