Frequent Contributor

Re: Just recieved my Emeril TSV pressure cooker!

Please let us know how you like it. I wanted to purchase but kept changing my mind.

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2014 Southern Bee said: I wanted to purchase this but ,had concerns about the need of new gasket in the future and replacing the regulator knob if it breaks. I prefer the oval pcs. I have the Cooks Essential 5 quart oval and the regulator knob broke and need a new gasket but the manufacturer has gone out of business. I have searched every where on the internet for the parts. I have purchased 3 of the CE pressure cookers and the regulator knob breaks after 18 months of service. I will purchase another pc when I can up front order replacement parts. I really love a pc because of the easy and speed cooking plus the infused flavors. Just want to share my results and concerns.

OK, just looked up my replacement part link and found another link. Note, I've never used either dealer (yet) so can't vouch for them, but they offer replacement sealing rings and pots (in stock), and accepting orders for safety valve, replacement cord and condensation collectors (temp. out of stock) for my model CY400051/7D (Model No. is found on the bottom of the unit. Mine is a bit older, so check if your new one is different.)

Hope this helps!

http://www.smallappliance.com/product.asp?pid=17344&cur=USD&sid=18956&gid=18980&mid=32&shopBy=Brand

http://www.1800parts.com/product.asp?pid=17344&cur=USD&sid=18954&gid=18980&mid=32&shopBy=Brand

Denise
Super Contributor

On 1/31/2014 gramma W said: Just recieved my cooker, but how do you convert the time, and how much liquid do you add less or same ? Gonna make ham hocks with lentils and leeks for supper I am guessing about 45-50 mins Sound right??? Looking for recipes but not having much luck.
besides replies here , you might find some answers from other buyers , on Amazon . Com ........just type in Emeril TFal Pressure cooker , and 52 comments from people who bought this PC will be on the product review page . I read many of them when I was trying to decide whether to purchase . I decided to buy a stove top PC instead , tho the Amazon reviews for this one are good . The buyers give lots of hints / info , on how much water/liquid to use , etc.
Trusted Contributor

Here is a good site with times, and recipes, and about pressure cookers in general, and the times and ideas can be for electric or stove top models...........Cool

http://fastcooking.ca/pressure_cookers/cooking_times_pressure_cooker.php

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
New Contributor

Great thread!!! I too recently got Emeril's 6 qt Pressure Cooker by T-fal... Absolutely love it!!! Made Emeril's chicken stock and then used that to make his 10 minute chicken noodle soup... Soooo Good!!! It's a keeper!!!

Honored Contributor

Denisemb:Thank you for taking the time to locate and post the contact information. I sent email to both with make and model information and they do not carry replacement parts for the Cooks Essentials pressure cookers. I still want another pc, but will made sure that I can order replacement parts or have it serviced. I regret spending money for something that breaks after a few months. Your help was appreciated, Southern Bee
Respected Contributor

On 2/3/2014 Southern Bee said: Denisemb:Thank you for taking the time to locate and post the contact information. I sent email to both with make and model information and they do not carry replacement parts for the Cooks Essentials pressure cookers. I still want another pc, but will made sure that I can order replacement parts or have it serviced. I regret spending money for something that breaks after a few months. Your help was appreciated, Southern Bee

You're very welcome! Smile

Denise
Trusted Contributor

If anyone saw the Live audience presentation of the Emeril TSV pressure cooker, he made frozen chicken wings in the PC. Well, I tried it today. A 3lb bag of frozen chicken wings, 2 cups of BBQ sauce, (I used Guy Fieri's Carolina style sauce)- High setting for 12 minutes. Then I crisped them on a cookie sheet at 450 degrees in the oven. Depending on how you like your wings, (fried, baked, crispy, etc), they were pretty good!

New Contributor

Okay, I just received this today, and I'm pretty sure my pressure cooker is missing parts. On the lid, the valve is there, obviously, but the cap that is on top of it is not there. I also do not have the power cord. I'm assuming the cap should've already been on there and the power cord should've been in one of the plastic bags? Is that how this was packaged for you guys??

**Nevermind, I'm a moron and didn't see the styrofoam piece at the top at this stuff because i opened it upside down! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Trusted Contributor

Mine was packaged in a white box within the brown shipping carton. There was Styrofoam pieces in the white box, to hold everything tightly in place. All of the pieces, were in separate bags in the white box.