Trusted Contributor

Just recieved my Emeril TSV pressure cooker!

Just got it from UPS delivery. It was very well packaged and in perfect shape. It's ice-cold, so I'll let it get to room temperature before plugging it in. I'll give QVC credit, as I have been pretty critical. This TSV was an excellent price with reduced S&H, and fast service. Reminds me of the old days!

Super Contributor

Re: Just recieved my Emeril TSV pressure cooker!

Lacey, it looked like a great deal to me, too. I already have a Fagor that works great, or I would have gotten it. Please post again and let us know what you think.

Trusted Contributor

Lucky you! Mine shows it was shipped 2 days ago but still nothing shows on the tracking. (Doesn't even look like UPS has gotten it yet). I'm anxious to hear how you like yours. I found a bunch of good recipes online- dying to try them. Hope mine gets here soon.
Respected Contributor

Although I do not have the Emeril pressure cooker....

I HIGHLY recommend Bob Warden's cookbook, Great Food Fast

For a PC novice this book was a lifesaver!

Check it out on Amazon

Trusted Contributor

'Someone' poofed my last thread about recipes and more info. Oh well. Got it washed up for potato salad. The stickers on the outside are nice vinyl cling, so I didn't have to scrap adhesive off-nice! My wire basket from my WP fits perfectly! It's nice because the plastic one that came with Emeril's has very short 'feet'. The WP basket holds the food up higher.

It came to pressure in about 5 minutes and I heard the little valve in the handle close. No escaping steam from the lid-the gasket fits well . I like it because you can start timing from zero. WP would only go as low as 5 minutes. Believe it or not, sometimes I only need 3 or 4 minutes, so that's a nice feature. The timer will go all the way to 99 minutes.

So far, I love it. Glad I got it. Now I can give Wolfie a rest. The handle had broken off, and it was dangerous to remove it without getting steam burns. Loving this Emeril PC!

Super Contributor

Keep us updated on how it works out for you.

...and what time is dinner?

Not applicable

Just recieved my cooker, but how do you convert the time, and how much liquid do you add less or same ? Gonna make ham hocks with lentils and leeks for supper I am guessing about 45-50 mins Sound right??? Looking for recipes but not having much luck.
Respected Contributor

Gramma, I highly recommend one of Bob Warden's PC cookbooks because not only does he have great recipes, he also has great tables-how long to cook beans, rice-etc. Until then, just google Pressure Cooker Lentils-and it's going to pull up all sorts of recipes. It won't be difficult to find one that resembles your recipe, but you will find liquid measurements and suggested times. Hope this helps,

Poodlepet

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2014 gramma W said: Just recieved my cooker, but how do you convert the time, and how much liquid do you add less or same ? Gonna make ham hocks with lentils and leeks for supper I am guessing about 45-50 mins Sound right??? Looking for recipes but not having much luck.

ETA: Poodlepet beat me to it! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Don't know if this will help (I'm a novice myself) but while Bob Warden's book doesn't have a recipe per se, he does have a table in the back of the book for "Cooking Time References" and IMHO it's worth the price of the book by itself. Good recipes, the only one we didn't care for was the lasagna.

Ham Hocks - Size: Any; Liquid: Covered; Time: 50 min.; Temp: High; Release: Natural

Lentils - Size: Any; Liquid: Covered; Time: 8 min.; Temp: High; Release: Quick

FWIW, We've owned Emeril's T-Fal PC for a few years (bought from the "other" channel) and used weekly. It's still going strong and we've been very happy with the results. My husband was concerned about replacing the gasket when the time comes, but I found one online at a site that is somewhere in my list of favorites. If anyone is interested, give me a shout and I'll look for it.

Denise
Honored Contributor

I wanted to purchase this but ,had concerns about the need of new gasket in the future and replacing the regulator knob if it breaks. I prefer the oval pcs. I have the Cooks Essential 5 quart oval and the regulator knob broke and need a new gasket but the manufacturer has gone out of business. I have searched every where on the internet for the parts. I have purchased 3 of the CE pressure cookers and the regulator knob breaks after 18 months of service. I will purchase another pc when I can up front order replacement parts. I really love a pc because of the easy and speed cooking plus the infused flavors. Just want to share my results and concerns.