Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I wish when they sell meat on QVC, they would do more than cook the meat for 10 minutes. They squeeze the meat to show us the juiciness, but it just looks like blood to me. Not being a vampire, I am not attracted to that. Meat juices should run clear, in my opnion anyway. 

@LisaMofSLC   I have never seen red meat juice run clear unless it is cooked to the texture of shoe leather, but poultry and pork should have clear juice.

Valued Contributor

I just felt the recent gentleman showing off his roasts on David's show was displaying such undercooked meat, it wasn't appealing at all. They should be making our mouth water in desire. I am a carnivore at heart, and have had good rare meat, but the constant squeezing at that poor roast....just didn't do what it should have. I read a post here once about someone doing that to hamburger patties. Made me think of that.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Juicy meats?

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

I wish when they sell meat on QVC, they would do more than cook the meat for 10 minutes. They squeeze the meat to show us the juiciness, but it just looks like blood to me. Not being a vampire, I am not attracted to that. Meat juices should run clear, in my opnion anyway. 

@LisaMofSLC 

Depends on the protein and how you like it done.   What internal temperature?  I like  Prime quality steak and prime rib roast.   Cooked medium rare.  Tender and juicy.  Sous  Vide.   Smiley Happy  Let protein rest for 10-20 minutes to reabsorb the juices.

Tender cuts of beef never ever cooked well  done, which is like eatimg a piece of dry, tough shoe leather.  Unless it’s beef for making stew/pot roast. Smiley Happy

How do you like your beef?

Chicken?

Pork?

Lamb?

Turkey?

Trusted Contributor

@loriqvc    Agree....If you order a steak well done at a restaurant, they will not garantee the quality of your steak....It is not blood that you are seeing...The juices are clear, just the meat is red, and the juices on the plate may but red, but they are still clear...Read this...

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/what-is-the-blood-in-steak_n_57fc0219e4b0e655eab6eb36

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@LisaMofSLC wrote:

@LisaMofSLC   I have never seen red meat juice run clear unless it is cooked to the texture of shoe leather, but poultry and pork should have clear juice.

Thermoworks is a web site that sells great thermometers.  They also have wonderful information on cooking and temperatures.  There is a great article on that site about cooking chicken and why some of the juices will be pink even when it is done.  Excellent information if you are interested!