Valued Contributor

I wish when they sell meat on QVC, they would do more than cook the meat for 10 minutes. They squeeze the meat to show us the juiciness, but it just looks like blood to me. Not being a vampire, I am not attracted to that. Meat juices should run clear, in my opnion anyway. 

Valued Contributor

I agree, agree, agree!

Honored Contributor

That’s how I like my Prime Rib.

Respected Contributor

@LisaMofSLC   I totally agree with you.  I feel they do that because the meat will, of course, be juicy.  If they cook it any longer it would probably be dry and then how could they sell it.  I don't care what meat I cook, it has to be done.  I usually cook or order my beef medium well.  I can't do bloody.  That's why I don't eat prime rib.

Honored Contributor

I know I wouldn't want to see a piece of dried up overcooked meat and definitely wouldn't buy it!

Honored Contributor

I just go to my local meat market. I can buy a Prime Rib prime grade cheaper there then the Prime Rib Q sells.

We bought one from the meat market over the Holiday's. It was melt in your mouth oh so tender. You could cut it with a fork.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Juicy meats?

[ Edited ]

@LisaMofSLC - I don't know which meat items you're referring to, but I've never seen any presentations where the juices weren't running clear—especially on ITKWD shows, where David will only eat meat that is well done.

Honored Contributor

@LisaMofSLC  That's why many times David says "cut me an end piece."   Yes, he prefers the well done which isn't the way they usually cook the meat in the demos.

Honored Contributor

I like my beef pink inside, but not raw.   I do not want to see a virtual pool of blood on the cutting board during a meat demonstration, which is what I saw yesterday.   

Esteemed Contributor

Just FYI, the red liquid that you see in meat packaging and that releases from meat after cooking (even if you only cook it to the rare stage) is not blood—it is a protein in the muscle tissue that carries oxygen through the meat and just happens to have a red pigment in it. Its color darkens as heat is applied, which is why a well-done steak is less pink than a rare one.