Respected Contributor

Jan. 2 Today is NATIONAL CREAM PUFF DAY.......

Found this and reposted it here!!!

Cream Puff Dessert or Cream Puff Cake

1 cup water
1 stick margarine
1 cup flour
4 eggs
1 6 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding (JPC uses two small and that's what I did as well)
3 cups of milk
1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 4 oz container whipped dessert topping (another recipe used 8 oz.)
Chocolate sauce

Bring water and margarine to a boil. Add flour and stir until mixture leaves the side of the pan and forms a ball. Remove pan from stove. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well. Spread mixture in a 9X13 pan. (hard to spread and seems a little sticky but spread as evenly as possible) Bake 30 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven. When cool, top with mixture of combined pudding, milk and cream cheese. Recipe says to top with whipped dessert topping and drizzle with chocolate sauce and refrigerate. I never use the whipped topping or chocolate sauce, hubby likes it without. I have served it that way & have let guests add what they would like on top. I think it would keep better in fridge without whipped topping on it.

Serves 10-12.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jan. 2 Today is NATIONAL CREAM PUFF DAY.......

I have made this a few times, most recently for a "day after Christmas" get together and it is fabulous. I believe it is JPC's recipe.

"To each their own, in all things".
Regular Contributor

I make cream puffs using butter and flour but fill them with whipped cream (using heavy cream and sugar) and chocolate frosting. I personally don't like anything boxed or packaged, and my recipe is really easy and fast to make.

Having said that, if today is National Cream Puff Day, I have to go to Publix anyway, so I might as well pick up one!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I made the Cream Puff cake two days ago and it is delicious! The more time it sets in the refrigerator, the more it tastes like a cream puff LOL. Chances of it sitting in Frig are slim to nothing though LOL.

Beckyblu

Honored Contributor

My favorite way to eat a cream puff - with ice cream and a chocolate or caramel topping

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

So are these the same days as were posted all of 2014 or are they now different days? (just curious)