Valued Contributor

@Jtdmum 

Where on TV did you find this program? 

I am a JP fan too!  He and his daughter had a show a few years ago that was interesting. 

CAT

Honored Contributor

@gacat123 wrote:

@Jtdmum 

Where on TV did you find this program? 

I am a JP fan too!  He and his daughter had a show a few years ago that was interesting. 

CAT

@gacat123.  I find it on the Create channel and sometimes my local PBS channels.

Frequent Contributor

Reever wrote:

Thank God. When I saw this thread I feared the worst and thought he had passed. My mother liked Jacques Pepin. But he is very difficult to understand .... I sometimes have to use closed captioning to follow along.

I think he is interesting and personable on his shows.  However, I also find him very difficult to understand.  I was flipping channels just recently and my husband was in the room.  When I stopped on Jacques show for a few minutes, my husband asked me if I understood what he was talking about as my husband could not make heads or tails out of what Jacques was saying!  I told him I did not get most of it, but I still found myself caught up in the show even though his words were not clear to me at all. I guess I enjoy watching what he does and since it is a cooking show, the words do not matter that much.  

Trusted Contributor

Hi Cat--I see all his shows on Create TV which is an accumulation of many PBS programs. 

Honored Contributor

I remember when he would cook with his daughter. Is this grandchild her daughter? If so...wow. I'm going to have to tune in to see it. I've always enjoyed watching him. : )

Trusted Contributor

Re: Jacques Pepin

[ Edited ]

@Fiero Woman wrote:

I would eat anything he made.

@Fiero Woman

I’m taking an ocean cruise this year where Jacques Pepin, as the Executive Chef, 

will be on board cooking his favorite recipies for us at the Captain’s Dinner.  Excited to meet him in person.  Smiley Wink

Should be fun as I watch his PBS cooking shows regularly.

Honored Contributor

My grandparents spoke French so I'm used to the accent.

But I also use Closed Captioning all the time now.

Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoy him when he's cooking with his daughter and/or grandaughter.  As others have mentioned, I find him soooo difficult to understand but, sheeeeesh, I never even thought about using closed captioning.  I'll have to try that the next time I catch one of his shows.

BTW, his knife skills are amazing!!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

@EatWell  Are you on the Lisbon to Rome cruise?  That is the one my daughter and I have chosen.

Valued Contributor

After living in Europe for 13 years, I have pretty well accustomed myself to the different accents. No problem understanding Jacques.  I know my attempts at different languages must be hilarious to the people I am speaking to. I study and try, I really do; but, what   they must think.   LOL