Trusted Contributor

Re: Is anyone else turned off by the twofers, threefers and fourfers?

ITA, it's ridiculous.  If I want two, or three, I will buy two, or three.  If I want one, I just want one.

Respected Contributor

QF is one of the clothing vendors that frequently has 'buy two for price of one'.  I always pass on this because I don't want two.

I was in Bath and Body Works recently and they had bottles of liquid hand soap 5 for $23.  I only need 2 bottles, but was charged $20 for the 2 rather than $4.50 each.  I agree   

with the poster that said it is a way to get rid of excess stock.

Respected Contributor

Publix has a lot of BOGO, but you can choose to get only one and they will split the price with you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@q-girl wrote:

I also agree. The TSV today is a good example. I would really love to have ONE of the wine aerator/seal sets, but I don’t need three, nor do I have three people to gift the others to. And I don’t keep a random gift closet. 

I will say, however, that today’s TSV is actually a great deal. I took some time to see what it would cost to purchase just one aerator and one seal (in the real world, not just QVC’s comparable value)and it would cost  $21+ for both. I asked Santa for them one of each.

Holiday Hugs . . . .Beth

I would bet that we can go to HomeGoods or TJM or equivalent store in your  area and find those pieces for much less.  In fact I was thinking about that yesterday

will report back 

but the price for 4 was good, but I don't do multiple presents for anyone 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear

I have it on my BBB list to check if they carry the Hover Cover. I'd lke to have ONE.

I also love Scrub Daddy sponges and would purchase a multi-pack at a local store, but QVC puts every one in its own box - seems like such wasteful packaging to me, so I won't purchase from them.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

@jackthebear

I have it on my BBB list to check if they carry the Hover Cover. I'd lke to have ONE.

I also love Scrub Daddy sponges and would purchase a multi-pack at a local store, but QVC puts every one in its own box - seems like such wasteful packaging to me, so I won't purchase from them.

i buy Scrub Daddy one at a time BBath carries them too,

have seen the hover cover there as well or one of their stores like Harmon or Xmas Tree 

Honored Contributor

No

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

On the subject of kitchen items, specifically food, I hate that they can't have individual sauce/gravy packets for items they sell that need them.  Not everybody is a family of 4 or 5.  Usually, I want to cook one of the items and would like to have the sauce/gravy each time I cook one.  Luckily, I found some chicken fried steaks at my local grocery that actually does have individual packets of gravy, and a lot cheaper too.  Who knows if they taste as good as the ones QVC sell?  Doesn't really matter to me since I'm getting my steak and gravy each and every time.

Honored Contributor

This is the oldest sales maneuver in the History of Ever.

In terms of televised sales, how many times we’ve heard:

”...but Wait! there’s more! In the next XX minutes 

we will double your order! (you pay shipping and handling).

If one is good, than two is better.

That’s Retail 101.

I’m sure even Ms CaveWoman was smitten by this tactic. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

On the subject of kitchen items, specifically food, I hate that they can't have individual sauce/gravy packets for items they sell that need them.  Not everybody is a family of 4 or 5.  Usually, I want to cook one of the items and would like to have the sauce/gravy each time I cook one.  Luckily, I found some chicken fried steaks at my local grocery that actually does have individual packets of gravy, and a lot cheaper too.  Who knows if they taste as good as the ones QVC sell?  Doesn't really matter to me since I'm getting my steak and gravy each and every time.

@Icegoddess - If you're specifically referring to Heartland Fresh, they actually did offer separate gravy and red sauce packets a couple of months ago—all sold out in a heartbeat, so there's a chance more will be available in the future. In the meantime, as someone who also cooks just one or two of the HF chicken breasts at a time, I will share that the batch of gravy from the packet reheats very nicely in the microwave or on the stovetop, and it easily lasts a week to 10 days in the refrigerator because it's basically just pepper/spices, buttermilk powder, flour, and the water or milk you add. I haven't tried freezing the gravy yet, but I would imagine it would be fine to do so if you want to portion it out.

In response to this whole thread, I agree with the posters who noted that the multiples are specifically geared for gifts and to save the bottom line since many items would be too expensive for both the Q/vendor and the customer in single quantities. As someone who isn't going to really stock up on anything sold on QVC, I understand this and either buy what's offered if I'm really interested or just go elsewhere. Due to the nature of the sales structure, I doubt this approach will ever change around here.