Super Contributor
On 4/5/2015 Sooner said:
On 4/4/2015 CWS22 said:

Thanks for all the replies! I do have a Marshall's near me but I would be leery that any Le Creuset they carry would be returns or imperfect or floor models from dept stores. That's just my (suspicious) opinion. That they might be serving as a clearing house for stock that dept stores can't sell.

Even the Le Creuset website describes their outlet stores as offering "the best value in first and second quality premium cookware". Whatever that means.

So I guess if I'm going to do it, I'll pay the full price at Amazon or QVC. I could kick myself now though because I remember Amazon had one of the Dutch ovens as a special Lightning Deal around Black Friday last Nov. I think it was on sale for 100 bucks cheaper. But I wasn't in the market/mood for it back then. I suppose I could hold out a little while longer and see if they run that again. They often do repeat sales.

You certainly can pay full price for LC, but you really don't have to. The outlet stores are happy to tell you which of the pieces they have in stock are seconds and which are first quality; which are on sale this month; if any coupons or discounts are available. A great time to shop them is in May, when they have a LOT of sales. Certain colors are on sale at certain times too.

The people working there have always been wonderful about helping you find exactly what you want. They will cheerfully take a pot out of its box and carefully check it and the fit of the lid, the color and finish, etc. The best ones I've found are right here in Oklahoma City (SUPER staff there!), and Yemassee South Carolina.

If any of you are looking for some specific piece or color, or simply one heck of a deal, just call them up and they are happy to help! If they are swamped with people, they will call you back. No, I DO NOT work for them (LOL, well maybe I DO when as many pots I have over the last 25 years), but find their sales people to be great!

Sounds good and all but there's no outlet store near me. The closest one would be in a neighboring state, about 2 hours away, and I won't be making that commute.

Honored Contributor
On 4/5/2015 CWS22 said:
On 4/5/2015 Sooner said:
On 4/4/2015 CWS22 said:

Thanks for all the replies! I do have a Marshall's near me but I would be leery that any Le Creuset they carry would be returns or imperfect or floor models from dept stores. That's just my (suspicious) opinion. That they might be serving as a clearing house for stock that dept stores can't sell.

Even the Le Creuset website describes their outlet stores as offering "the best value in first and second quality premium cookware". Whatever that means.

So I guess if I'm going to do it, I'll pay the full price at Amazon or QVC. I could kick myself now though because I remember Amazon had one of the Dutch ovens as a special Lightning Deal around Black Friday last Nov. I think it was on sale for 100 bucks cheaper. But I wasn't in the market/mood for it back then. I suppose I could hold out a little while longer and see if they run that again. They often do repeat sales.

You certainly can pay full price for LC, but you really don't have to. The outlet stores are happy to tell you which of the pieces they have in stock are seconds and which are first quality; which are on sale this month; if any coupons or discounts are available. A great time to shop them is in May, when they have a LOT of sales. Certain colors are on sale at certain times too.

The people working there have always been wonderful about helping you find exactly what you want. They will cheerfully take a pot out of its box and carefully check it and the fit of the lid, the color and finish, etc. The best ones I've found are right here in Oklahoma City (SUPER staff there!), and Yemassee South Carolina.

If any of you are looking for some specific piece or color, or simply one heck of a deal, just call them up and they are happy to help! If they are swamped with people, they will call you back. No, I DO NOT work for them (LOL, well maybe I DO when as many pots I have over the last 25 years), but find their sales people to be great!

Sounds good and all but there's no outlet store near me. The closest one would be in a neighboring state, about 2 hours away, and I won't be making that commute.

I am lucky because we got one close a few years ago. But before that, I have just called and talked with them and never been disappointed with what they sent. I can't guarantee you anything though.

Regular Contributor

Has anyone ever been to France and seen the prices there? My son will be in Paris this summer and if with the conversion rate it's cheaper along with shipping I plan on wiring him the money so he can buy me the 2 pieces of LC I want.

Anyone know?

Valued Contributor

I only have a few pieces (most were gifts), but IMO, yes Le Creuset is worth it. Especially if it's a gift!{#emotions_dlg.lol} I crack myself up.

Anyway, yes, love the pieces I have. I will say, however, that other manufacturers and lines do nice cast iron or enameled pieces, too. High and low end. About a year ago I purchased a big lidded stock pot from the Giada DeLaurentiius (sp) line at Target. It was on sale--I want to say it was about $50. It has been fantastic for so many things. I love it. It's super heavy and works great.

Trusted Contributor
On 4/5/2015 CWS22 said

Go to the Le Creuset website and sign up on their email list. The lady at the outlet store says they send out free shipping and other discounts one a month. Just saving on shipping is quite a savings. Anything helps nowadays. Thanks SOONER for the website info. I read it over and it was quite informative.

Contributor
Mine are "seconds" that I purchased at the Le Creuset outlet ten years ago. Absolutely NO problems with them. The prices, in my case, were almost $100 less than full retail.
On 4/4/2015 CWS22 said:

Honored Contributor

The jury's still out, in my opinion. I've had mine about a month. There's nothing wrong with it, but so far I haven't seen anything fabulous about it, except for how pretty it is. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I haven't done an oven roast yet. That might convince me that it's extraordinary.

~ house cat ~
Respected Contributor
My pieces are over 35 years old, LC all the way.
Contributor

I recently gave away an electric slow cooker in favor of using my large le Creuset pots for oven slow cooking. I own 10 enameled cast iron pieces, two of which are not LC. The only one that has shown any sign of chipping at all is the big Staub piece that came from QVC a number of years back.

Hard to believe, but I stumbled on the first LC piece at Costco many years ago. It is a 4.5-quart and only cost about $49 (gotta love Costco!). I just about got mobbed in the checkout line by people asking me where in the store I had found the orange LC carton. Never seen any LC in that store since then, unfortunately.

Honored Contributor
On 4/27/2015 house_cat said:

The jury's still out, in my opinion. I've had mine about a month. There's nothing wrong with it, but so far I haven't seen anything fabulous about it, except for how pretty it is. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I haven't done an oven roast yet. That might convince me that it's extraordinary.

What were you expecting it to do? It' just a cooking pot. . . ???