Honored Contributor

Just wondering because I heard him say 11 new items I got excited yet all I see if food everytime I flick the program on🤦‍♀️

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Is ITKWD all FOOD again???

@homedecor1 wrote:

Just wondering because I heard him say 11 new items I got excited yet all I see if food everytime I flick the program on🤦‍♀️

@homedecor1  Yep, I am sick of food shows.  Their food is way too high in price.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1   Yes, it is.  I just ordered the Moravian tinned cookies with a November 7 shipping week date.

And in the Gourmet Holiday show that preceded it I ordered two boxes of the Landie's Candies Alberti Popaj's Signature Selection of Stuffed Pretzels also with the November shipping week date.  And I just ordered the Fantasia Coconut Patties for a December 5 shipping date.

I  bought one box off the pretzels last year annd they were spectacular.

So there are customeers that are ordering holiday food items.  Don't misunderstand me, I like the cooking small appliances, utensils, etc., shows that he does and Mary does, too, but the buy now and the preorders for holiday food are undoubtedly also a popular money maker for the Q.

At 10:00 tonight he'll be  be doing his Countdown to Christmas which will feature holiday decor and gifts and it will include the final presentation of the Today's Special value--the Home Reflections sheet set.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Frequent Contributor

UGH!! Way too many food shows!!

Honored Contributor

Yeah, my Guide says Holiday Food Edition.

A couple of weeks ago I ordered the Saint Clair's 4 side dishes.  It's expensive, but it's worth it to me to cut down on the stress of trying to cook for the holidays.  I can do 2 for Thanksgiving and 1 or 2 for Christmas.  Last year we only had 1 for Christmas and I saved the last one for later.  

Honored Contributor

So what were you expecting on ITKWD?  Isn't it usually food items?

Respected Contributor

@rms1954     Right it is a kitchen show after all. What I don't need is more appliances, utensils, dishes or pots and pans. So I enjoy seeing the holiday food items. 

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@homedecor1   Yes, it is.  I just ordered the Moravian tinned cookies with a November 7 shipping week date.

And in the Gourmet Holiday show that preceded it I ordered two boxes of the Landie's Candies Alberti Popaj's Signature Selection of Stuffed Pretzels also with the November shipping week date.  And I just ordered the Fantasia Coconut Patties for a December 5 shipping date.

I  bought one box off the pretzels last year annd they were spectacular.

So there are customeers that are ordering holiday food items.  Don't misunderstand me, I like the cooking small appliances, utensils, etc., shows that he does and Mary does, too, but the buy now and the preorders for holiday food are undoubtedly also a popular money maker for the Q.

At 10:00 tonight he'll be  be doing his Countdown to Christmas which will feature holiday decor and gifts and it will include the final presentation of the Today's Special value--the Home Reflections sheet set.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435 

I was wondering about Alberti's Landies pretzels   I ordered last year but ultimately cancelled, what did you like about them?

Respected Contributor

The assortment of Alberti’s pretzel I bought last year was delightful! My family enjoyed it very much. The box was lovely, it would have made a nice gift.
Respected Contributor

@rockygems123    The selection of flavor profiles was fabulous.  Two of last year's six flavors are returning--the Red Velvet Cake and I think I heard Alberti say the Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter, and four new taste combinations.

The ingredients were excellent and the pretzels are about four by three inches and generously topped and then covered in chocolate and whatever topping that goes with the particular taste.  It's like pretzel meets candy filling, meets white or regular chocolate or dark, plus add ons sprinkled on top. They look like candy jewels.

They come in an attractive six holder box, two to each confection bay, and are individually wrapped.  A little square booklet folded full color pamphlet with photos describes each offering and the reverse side lists the ingredients for each.

To me, they are as impressive as a box of good petit fours, or macrons, or madelaines, or marzipan.

Hope this description will help.

aroc3435

Washington, DC