Esteemed Contributor

A Good Morning To Turn Stove On

Since it is cooler this morning and using the stove/oven won't turn the kitchen into hades waiting room I made some macaroni salad and shortcake biscuits. 

I marinated some chicken for tonight and made tuna salad for lunch while the macaroni and eggs were cooking.

I have to slice the strawberries yet.

DD will do the chicken in the Ninja grill tonight.  It was nice to do even that little bit without feeling like you going to burst into flames.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Good Morning To Turn Stove On

A bit of a cool down is nice.

We have two more days of extra heat coming at us here in pacific northwest. I made my peach crisp this morning and all other cooking will happen outside, under shade.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I hear ya. My stupid oven is like turning on a heater...it truly blows hot air into the room. Crazy! I recall even going to some board (might have been this one, can't remember) complaining about it after I first got it and asking if anyone else had that issue with their GE Profile oven. Someone's funny reply was, "Well, just think, in the winter time you can bake your cookies and heat your home all at the same time." Funny.....not funny.😩    

Esteemed Contributor

@kate2357   Today and tomorrow are to be decent temp wise and low humidity then back to swamp weather.

My daughter took this coming Thurs. & Friday off, we are planning a day trip one of the days.  Of course, it is to be 95 both days.  Yep, the HRV has air conditioning but still, yuck.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2 , I think I can be there in an hour.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70  Come  on over.

After supper we will probably put on a dumb movie for background noise and play Scrabble.

Excitement overload. lol