Super Contributor

Has anyone received theirs yet and tried the sous vide setting?

Super Contributor

Anybody?

Respected Contributor

@poppinfresh   Have received it but am waiting for the book from Lisa Brady that I also ordered before cooking anything.  That should arrive today or tomorrow.  

Probably others here have received but haven't used the sous vide method yet.

For me, I ordered more for pressure cooking, the sous vide feature was just a bonus.

Maybe if you check via a search engine online you will find non Q folks that have used this mode on an Instant Pot. 

Super Contributor

Nothing of substance on sous vide cooking in the Instant Pot in Lisa Brady's book and no sous vide recipes at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: Instant pot tsv

[ Edited ]

@Razzy 7 I believe you are mistaken.  I just received this new book, Instant Pot Basics by Lisa Brady, and have read it and started using it.  

There are ten recipes for sous vide in Lisa Brady's book.

Meats: pages 101, 103, and 105

Poultry:  pages 125 and 127

Seafood:  pages 139 and 141

Vegetables & Sides:  Pages 177 and 179

Desserts:  page 217

And on pages 13 and 14 she explains the sous vide method, how it works, and types of bags that can be used.

Hope this is helpful.  I am enjoying the book and am happy with my purchase.

Happy evening, aroc3435

Trusted Contributor

Re: Instant pot tsv

[ Edited ]

Mine's on backorder, hope it comes in. While I may not make all of those recipes, I bought it to get a better understanding of doing some types of things that I haven't done before. I am looking forward to getting used to this vastly newer model that I just received! My duo is v.2, has the cord attached. It works fine and I love it, but am happy to have the upgrade. I just made steel cut oats in the Duo Plus yesterday after doing the water test.

oh. I noticed with the water test that the keep warm button was on the whole time, not just after completing. I messaged Lisa Brady through Facebook and asked her if that was normal, and she replied! She said it was normal and would do that unless/until I turned it off. I was so happy that she wrote back, and she did pretty quickly.

I received my Instant Pot and found a recipe using a 'manual' setting ... don't know what setting to use.  Any help?  

Respected Contributor

@Cynthia1963  On the new Instant Pot models the button to use for "manual" is the one now labeled "pressure cook" and then use the + and - keys to program the amount of time you wish to use.

The booklets that came with the TSV direct you to a web address of the company to get more detailed information.  Hope this helps, and, welcome to the boards!

aroc3435