Honored Contributor

Instant Pot so many choices?

What is the best for first purchase? Walmart has the IP Lux 60 V3 6 Qt 6 in 1 for $79. Amazon has one today for $49 with mixed reviews. Used my Cuisinart PC today and took 6 attempts to get it to pressure and had trouble with the lid.

IP: Is it easy to operate and any issues trying to put the lid on? I prefer 6 qt. DH just said he could use another qift suggestion. Your help greatly appreciated. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

Re: Instant Pot so many choices?

not really alot of difference between the models except the size. The bigger one may have a few more bells and whistles; the small one not so much. I opted for the 6qt which is just about prefect for me. I got mine for under $45 from AMZ during the prime day fiasco this year. Love it! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SouthernBee

Target has the 6 qt 7 in 1 Instant Pot PC & the 8 qt both for $99.95 with 25% off which makes them $75 but it ends tonight with free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

HSN is having the instant pot as a TSV on Thursday.  No details on it yet.

Honored Contributor

Oh yeah, the lid you just set on and twist left to close

release steam and turn right to open after the silver button thing goes down and it's safe to release the steam.'

can just let it set till it naturally cools down and the silver button thing sinks down, but, who wants to wait 15 minutes or more.

Respected Contributor

Nesco also makes a multi purpose unit. I got mine at bed bath and beyond online using their 20%off coupon. Has a non stock interior.  Price was great

Honored Contributor

wow: thanks everyone for your information and suggestions. Info given to DH and he indicated he will check everything .Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HSN had the IP Viva the other day for 79 that's the one I bought.

should have the video with it.

@SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

@SharkE:Thanks. I made a screen shot of the HSN page for today’s special and emailed it to DH. Southern Bee