Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
@phoenibrd You are right there about using it while traveling. I would fit into a hotel room easily! I know there are many long distance truckers that use it in their rigs to cook while on the road. There is a husband/wife duo that have a youtube channel about their cooking with the instant pot on the road.

@QueenDanceALot It may be for Prime members, but you will love it no matter the price paid.

@sidsmom What is the name of the magazine? We all could use it!

I think BirdieGal is from one of those states where a certain green leafy substance is legal. We haven't progressed that far here in Georgia, so one day there may be a real instant pot place versus just the cooking tool!

@Tigriss

I am a Prime member.  But hey, $79.95 looks to be a very good price for the 6qt. DUO 7 n 1!

I should have it by next week.  Can't wait!

Respected Contributor
@SharkE Come on now! You know you love you some instant pot! We all love a good sale too!

@beccalou One day that may be offered on the Q and recipes to follow but I'm more about the medicinal qualities of it and its cousin hemp.
Respected Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Sale

[ Edited ]

I'm glad you got it @QueenDanceALot You will love the yogurt function for making your own. That is why I got the 7n1. It makes the best yogurt with organic whole milk! YUM! I get strawberries and cut them up with some lemon juice, then let them rest. I layer them with the freshly made yogurt that has been left to strain through a fine mesh strainer with cheesecloth overnight to thicken. I use the whey that is strained in my morning smoothies for its great protein, so nothing goes to waste!

I also use blueberries when we have tons from our backyard. In the fall I will layer with pumpkin and pecans with a pinch of brown sugar and vanilla. There are so many ways to make a wonderful yogurt snack or breakfast or meal! My sister uses her's in her morning smoothie instead of store bought yogurt.

I'm using mine tomorrow to make a veggie stew like you do with roast and veg, but without the roast. We will get upper 30s at night tomorrow, so that will be wonderful and warm for my supper and several dinners this week!

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss

Oh, well, I hope the 7th function is useful for something besides yogurt as I don't eat yogurt!  hahahaha

Maybe something else that has the same kind of consistency as yogurt?

I have a lot to learn about cooking in the Instant Pot!

Respected Contributor

Be sure to make This Old Gal's New York Cheesecake in the IP. It is fabulous. You can google her site for tested recipes for the Instant Pot as well as air fryer recipes.

Respected Contributor
I can't think of anything other than yogurt of kefir that can be made with the very low heat and no pressure on the yogurt function. You could make yogurt and then freeze it in an ice cream maker or in a popsicle mold for great and nutritional treats. I'm sure you will be getting TONS of use from it either way you go.
Respected Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Sale

[ Edited ]

@chessyladyNow you are talking! I might have to add that to my shopping list for Sunday. I'm off to Google the recipe! I have a set of springform pans that would fit wonderfully in my IP.

I just Googled it.  She does hers in a food processor!  What a great way to really get a super smooth mix without lots of air in it like a mixer would put into it.  She has a vanilla bean cheesecake recipe she does with the IP.  That one will be scrumptious.  She does say to leave it overnight in the fridge so it will develop its flavors and be very dense. I might have to go to the store tomorrow and eat it Sunday!  I feel just like one of the Golden Girls gushing about cheesecake!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot I hope you love your IP as much as I love mine.  I had a different pressure cooker and liked it but fell in love with my IP the first time I used it.  Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and congratulations on a great purchase!

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@QueenDanceALot I hope you love your IP as much as I love mine.  I had a different pressure cooker and liked it but fell in love with my IP the first time I used it.  Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and congratulations on a great purchase!

@momtochloe

Hi, mtc!  Seems that everyone has an Instant Pot but me!  I've never had any type of pressure cooker, almost bought one last year, and this year I just decided it was going to have to be the Intant Pot given all the praise I've heard about it!  When I saw the price on the model I wanted this morning on Target,com, I jumped!

Thanksgiving was quite lovely.  Hope yours was as well!!!

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
@SharkE Come on now! You know you love you some instant pot! We all love a good sale too!

@beccalou One day that may be offered on the Q and recipes to follow but I'm more about the medicinal qualities of it and its cousin hemp.

I was holding up for you, hun, when somebody corrected you on the spelling. I guess we're all suppose to have degrees from Harvard when we post in here. You took it wrong.