Respected Contributor

I just saw that there is a duo-pod coffee brewer that gives you the option of Keurig K-cups or Nespresso pods.  Hmmmm, not sure this would benefit me.  I love my Keurig but have never tasted Nespresso coffee.  

557E1ED5-703B-4876-A1D3-EFC48D2D74F8.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Re: Instant Pod Coffee Maker

I don't recognize that coffee maker. Nespresso and Keurig use not only different size pods but also a different technology. Hard to see how a machine would be both...but what I can tell you is that I would drink Nespresso coffee all day, any day, but Keurig only if it's the only thing available. In other words, they are really different. You might like one or the other, but you'd never confuse them. You could try going to somewhere they sell the Nespresso machines and see if you could get a sample. 

Honored Contributor

Nespresso's forte is espresso, lungo and specialty coffee drinks with their frothers or steamers.  I think if you just want coffee, that's not the way to go.  

I love my Nespresso, but I like espresso and not coffee. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a more specific idea on how this new machine works @KaySD 

3540890B-A6C1-4BEC-90E8-2B27FD54EE80.jpeg

184B6E97-3263-4BBE-A9A4-0EED6BEED859.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Interesting. K cups are less expensive, for sure. I just don't personally like the results very much.

I looks like those are the original line Nespresso pods--a little more widely available and a few optional brands are available, as for the Kcups.

Nespresso Evoluo pods are quite specific b/c they have barcodes the machine reads. Far as I know, nobody else makes them. One thing I appreciate about Nespresso is they send you bags that you can fill with the empty capsules and send them in to be recycled--for free.

Right now, I'm happy using a Starbucks Verismo maker. Very similar to Nespresso original type, but the pods are getting harder to find since Starbucks closed their online store. 

Honored Contributor

One thing is that Nespresso machines (or at least the ones I am familiar with) use 19 bar pressure to make the coffee from the old style pods like this.  So I am not sure how they would taste if it is a drip process.