Respected Contributor
Just got this installed and very impressed with how quickly it heats up. I reheated s pasta dish and think it might have been quicker than microwave.
Uhh! Disappointed that I found out my pots and pans have aluminum in base. My 12 qt stock pot has aluminum in base but is stainless. Won’t heat up. Apparently newer stuff has more stainless around aluminum,
Honored Contributor

Induction cookware has a special steel plate on the bottom.  When I got an induction burner (would love a cooktop) I bought an inexpensive set of induction-ready pans I found on clearance at QVC one late night.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Just pick up a pan or pot from the Deen Bros. in that GranIT non stick they have.

It's the BEST!!!  @EVINE

Contributor

I have used induction cooktop for years.  When shopping for cookware take a magnet with you if it sticks to the bottom of the pan it should be good to use. The cook top is so easy to clean just yesterday boiled over potatoes moved the pot and wiped the mess away with a damp dishcloth. No scrubbing hard ever. I’m getting ready to move to a new apartment complex and I am begging them to let me put an induction cooktop in at my own expense. 

Respected Contributor
Looked up GranIT cookware on website- lots of fluffy information but not where it’s made or specifics. I am getting picky
Valued Contributor

It will tell in the description.  I think it will, anyway.

I use it everyday that I cook on mine and I have really good

frou-frou cookware, but really, I use this.  Never sticks, burns and

has super wipe out cleanup and then hit with soap and water.

not heavy either, but not too light!

Honored Contributor

There is no need to change out or buy new cookware.  Instead, just buy an induction disk.   They work really great.  Enjoy your new cooktop.

8E973A5D-33A6-49A0-B163-6717D4D9606C.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Carmie   I have one of those discs and find it to be woefully inadequate.   It about doubles the cooking time and negates the benefits of induction cooking.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Induction Cooktop

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624   Mine works great.  I love it for my cookware that I couldn't otherwise use.

Of course, using cookware that you don't need the disk for is even better, but there is no way I'd want to replace every piece of my cookware.

i forgot to mention that they come in a couple of sizes.  If you use a small disk on a large cooking vessel, it will take a lot longer to heat up.