Honored Contributor

Speaking as one who has wasted a lot of money buying various kitchen doo dads that sounded good at the time , I wanted to share a winner. I bought the Aroma Housewares ASP-137 cool touch indoor grill from Amazon about a year ago and I use the heck out of it. It is 3Qt. and only weighs 4 lbs. I've made hamburgers, hot dog, sausage and peppers, chicken etc. and everything turns out great. What is your most used kitchen gadget or appliance ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Frying Pan.......

Stir Fry & quick meals

Grill is handy on screened porch - use for steaks

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1  I'm so glad you posted this!  I need to replace my stovetop grill because the non-stick coating is wearing off.  Do you wash your grill by hand or put it in the dishwasher?  The description on Amazon says dishwasher safe, but I'm curious what you do. 

As for my favorite kitchen appliance, I have two.  It's a toss up between the Keurig and the Kitchenaid countertop oven.  I love both of them!

Honored Contributor

@LdyBugz wrote:

@QVCkitty1  I'm so glad you posted this!  I need to replace my stovetop grill because the non-stick coating is wearing off.  Do you wash your grill by hand or put it in the dishwasher?  The description on Amazon says dishwasher safe, but I'm curious what you do. 

As for my favorite kitchen appliance, I have two.  It's a toss up between the Keurig and the Kitchenaid countertop oven.  I love both of them!

@LdyBugz , I don't immerse the grill, I don't think it is really dishwasher safe. However, the non- stick is excellent, and I basically wipe it out with a soapy cloth, it is not a problem.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Breville Toaster Oven......

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1Good to know, thank you!  

Honored Contributor

I've done well with contact grills, ever since the first George Foreman machines.   I didn't love the GF ones because of the grease tray sitting on the counter, but moved to another brand where the tray slides into the side of the machine and I've really loved those.  IIRC, it's Hamilton Beach brand.  It meets all my 'grilling' needs.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

My most favorite kitchen thingie is a wooden rice paddle.rice paddle.jpgI paid $.79 for it at Jungle Jim's & I use it for everything! 

I bought several & hand them out.

My on counter ice maker is my favorite appliance!!!

I equally love my microwave, toaster over/air fryer, regular over/stovetop & refrigerator. 

I love my fish spatula & my long handled wooden spoons.

I love having tools that make cooking easy & fun cause I LOVE to eat & feed my people.

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Your indoor grill sounds great!  I will have to look into that.  🔍

One of my favorite small appliances we use a lot, especially around this time of year, is a shaved ice maker.  Great for sno-cones, Italian ices, slushies and frozen cocktails.  We love it.  🍹🍸

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Super Contributor

My current favorite gadget is the Ninja Foodi XL smart grill that I bought here at the Q when it was a TSV. Bought it on a whim & can't believe how much I've used it. We travel in our RV often & this weekend when it was pouring rain it came in especially handy!  When we got home yesterday I threw on a teriyaki pork tenderloin with the temperature gauge & boom dinner was pretty much done (except for our sides).  I just love it 😊