Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

I eat pomegranite. cabbage and sweet potatoes frequently, BUT in one bowl, it is revolting.

To YOU it may be...but not to others.  Everyones likes and dislikes are different.  I would not insult others who eat foods I would never...like PEAS!

How about....

"......but in one bowl, I would not like it"

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Do not tell me how to think.  It looks revolting and it would taste the same.  Do not tell anyone how to think or be.  You do not have tht right!!!

Honored Contributor
This thread is just an excuse to bash.
I think the slaw looks good.
Respected Contributor

I can't wait to make that pomegranite and sweet potato in cabbage slaw.  So many good flavors and crunch!  I'll be paying the shipping charge, boo hoo me -- though it would be nice if QVC did the right thing and reversed everyone's shipping charges on this product.

Honored Contributor

My issue with this is - 100,000 people paid for shipping when we ordered the AO of his cookbook - and still have not yet received it.  It sold recently w/free shipping - it ships this week.  If we received the cookbook already, of course, no issue with paying for shipping.  We should accept the price and shipping at the time we bought it and received it.  But if not one person received the cookbook yet, why should some pay for shipping and some not?

Super Contributor

Re: In all honesty....

[ Edited ]

Although I did not buy this book, I think you have summed the issue up perfectly, MJ12.  Possibly if we were talking about a book that was anticipated to be a record-breaking  bestseller or an instant sell-out due to worldwide following, as a buyer I might be happy to have paid a couple bucks extra essentially to have reserved my copy.  But for this?  Ultimately, it would be a nice gesture for the Q to refund the S&H to everyone whose book has not shipped, especially the folks who pre-ordered early.   Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

My issue with this is - 100,000 people paid for shipping when we ordered the AO of his cookbook - and still have not yet received it.  It sold recently w/free shipping - it ships this week.  If we received the cookbook already, of course, no issue with paying for shipping.  We should accept the price and shipping at the time we bought it and received it.  But if not one person received the cookbook yet, why should some pay for shipping and some not?

@Mj12, in this case, you should receive a refund for your shipping.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Hi @suzyQ3 Smiley Happy

I am anxious to receive it - I do want to make that sweet potato - cabbage slaw now.

Honored Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Do not tell me how to think.  It looks revolting and it would taste the same.  Do not tell anyone how to think or be.  You do not have tht right!!!

LOL!  That's pretty funny!

Clearly you feel you have the 'right' to say anything you wish, however you wish.

OTHERS should be afforded the same! 

If you comment, others have the right to reply!  At least I was nice about it!  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@comedy clubber I like David's cookbooks and have used many of his recipes. I pre-ordered his book and was able to get the shipping taken off of my order after free shipping was offered. The pomegranite and sweet potato in cabbage slaw you refer to really caught my attention. I might not use the sweet potatoes, but I might use jicama or something else. I like to look at a recipe as a good idea that may need to be tweeked to my taste.