Respected Contributor

I always tape his shows if I can't see them when aired. I watched last nights show and fast forwarded the entire show. There was only 1 new item and I felt the show was boring. Even though I own a lot of the items I usually enjoy just watching the shows. I decided not to tape anymore and if I get a chance to tune in I will. It is disappointing that we see so much of the same things all the time. I love David and Meredith but feel bad it hasn't got the appeal it used to have. 

This is just my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Re: In The Kitchen With David

I agree, the show and mostly the product line up is as stale as can be. And many days, it has turned into a food show. 

I want to see less food (that is what the Gourmet Holiday shows are for), and more new items. More Temp-tations, more new Lock and Lock, the return of Sachi bags, some new vendors of bakeware (hey, try to get USA Pan on, they are terrific), new vendors with dinnerware and serve ware, just more new please!

Esteemed Contributor

What WAS the purpose of the San Fran show?    I thought it would have new products reflecting the West Coast.  From David's quick quip about people at Alcatraz - it appears he's not aware it's no longer a prison but rather a tour destination.

Honored Contributor

I turned it off. Don't like those live remote shows. I'm not ordering  any food anyway.

alpha6.gif

Honored Contributor

That was not a good show.    I saw a bit of DV with MCM and DV kept trying to "direct" Mark on how to stand and where to stand.   Whoever designed the set, don't they know that SanFran has SUN.    And if it was such a problem for DV, shouldn't there have been one of those big photographers umbrellas set up to soften the shadows?

Plus the same old c/r/a/p at the same old price.

The scenery in the background was nice.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really do not watch this show. Can't stand to see a 50 year old man acting like a 4 year old boy.  I have a four year old great grandson, so I know how they act. (He's been visiting me for the past two weeks.) The faces, the hands in the air yelling Hooray and spinning around, etc.  Very similar, but cute on a four year old.. He (the GG) also eats like he is half starved and yet he is squishy.  Anyway, I did turn it on for a moment last night and it was really a travelog of San Francisco.  Been there, done that.  

So I tuned it out again. Better to watch HGTV.

Honored Contributor

I loved the sea lions are whatever you called them? Seals ? I'd like to touch one. LOL

animatedbaking.gif

Respected Contributor

I started to watch the show and when I realized it was all the same people and products I turned it off.  What a waste of money doing the show in CA.  They paid a lot to send all those folks and staff out there. 

And, the show was just bad with the sun, wind they had a hard time showing products.

Honored Contributor

yeah, not a fan of the kitchen shows anymore--same old stuff . and like the comment before--thought it would be more stuff that had something to do with San Fran, which is a fantastic food town. boring, stale and ho hum!!!

Frequent Contributor

As everyone has already said, BORING.  Bring new items and please get back Polish Stoneware!  I feel all of the shows could use some "sprucing up".  Just same old, same old in my opinion.