Frequent Contributor

Re: In The Kitchen With David

It's great that you have a four year old grandson. Even better that you hate watching DV - so don't!! No one really cares what you watch. It does sound as though you DO watch his shows as you seem to know all about them.

Honored Contributor

@Lynnlu wrote:

It's great that you have a four year old grandson. Even better that you hate watching DV - so don't!! No one really cares what you watch. It does sound as though you DO watch his shows as you seem to know all about them.

@Hodgemom, bingo.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I'm a fan of ITKWD, and I agree that last night's show was less than stellar. They were contending with sun, wind, and a lack of interesting items for sale. They had been planning this for a while. Why not do local items or at least have some local personalities to present interesting aspects of the city and the food scene? Someone got lazy on this one.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio- I totally agree with you about the S.F. show.  What a large expense for a show that most of us found boring.  I would also like to see QVC offer the USA Pans - they are great and the non-stick is superior (silicone coated interior).  I found them @ BB&B and love that their 9X13 straight sided pan fits in my Breville oven.  Let's hope for new products coming soon.

Occasional Contributor

Really good comments about incorporating local food, interests and personalities into the show - hope the show producers read this.

Honored Contributor

@MKR14 wrote:

I always tape his shows if I can't see them when aired. I watched last nights show and fast forwarded the entire show. There was only 1 new item and I felt the show was boring. Even though I own a lot of the items I usually enjoy just watching the shows. I decided not to tape anymore and if I get a chance to tune in I will. It is disappointing that we see so much of the same things all the time. I love David and Meredith but feel bad it hasn't got the appeal it used to have. 

This is just my opinion.

@MKR14 wrote:

I always tape his shows if I can't see them when aired. I watched last nights show and fast forwarded the entire show. There was only 1 new item and I felt the show was boring. Even though I own a lot of the items I usually enjoy just watching the shows. I decided not to tape anymore and if I get a chance to tune in I will. It is disappointing that we see so much of the same things all the time. I love David and Meredith but feel bad it hasn't got the appeal it used to have. 

This is just my opinion.

I feel exactly the same way.  I tape the shows and sometime only watch a few minutes and delete them.  The kitchen shows are one of my favorites, but they are getting so boring.  Also, I wish they would keep the "gourmet food" on the separate shows.  Would love more new and interesting items.  I appreciate that QVC offers the items in a variety of colors--that is very important to me.  However, they don't need to review the colors so many times and give us a count on availability.   Wastes too much time.

Regular Contributor

My favorite show is ITKWD but last night show hit rock bottom for me. It's becoming more food. Show me something that saves me time in the kitchen. I love the gadgets - I love the storrage but all this food has got to go 'cause I'm losing interest. Smiley Sad

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Respected Contributor

I agree with those that stated they were disappointed that the show did not high light items that were from Ca./San Fransico. That's what I thought it would be about. If you are just going to show the same things you do in the studio from Pa., why go to California? Seems like a waste of money to me.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since having a bad experience with buying food in the summer and it arriving hot (crab cakes and man, was it smelly even with the box unopened!), I won't buy anymore food that could spoil in transit. They do seem to sell alot of food though, during summer weeks.