Valued Contributor

Re: If you eat fried chicken out, where do you go??

On 7/11/2014 Yahooey said:
On 7/11/2014 DiamondGirly said:

We are trying to figure out if we were given the SPICY Popeye's on our 1st visit, or is their MILD chicken a bit hot/spicy to begin with? It had a bite to it.... We didn't specify which we wanted, since we didn't know there was a choice... :/

I enjoy the Popeye's spicy. Their mild is not as mild as KFC. It does have a little kick.

Yahooey - thanks for answering!! That helps Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 7/11/2014 colliegirls said:

Every now and then I absolutely CRAVE KFC. The very best fried chicken we have ever eaten in our lives was at Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, Lady and Son's. Their comfort food buffet was unbelievably delicious!!!

Food Network dot com has the Paula Deen recipe for chicken that is my mainstay - don't be afraid of the 1 cup of hot sauce in the marinade!

Sometimes buy the chicken at Publix in a pinch.

Denise
Esteemed Contributor

Love Popeye's also- with corn on the cob as a side! I usually take half the coating off but prefer the less spicey choice. Many locations offer 'naked chicken' that's actually pretty healthy! We're getting a Popeye's close to home soon and I hope they have it on the menu.

Trusted Contributor

If you're in the DFW area: Babe's Chicken is incredible.

Occasional Contributor

Gus's in Memphis area. DS and DIL live there - it's a must go to. Speaking of Memphis the original Corky's is there too - delicious!!
Respected Contributor

On 7/11/2014 spix said:

Just as Jules said, White Fence Farm, just outside of Chicago, sounds exactly the same, wonder if it's the same owners? we go every Mother's Day, really really good!

We have been there and JMO - I don't get the attraction. The coleslaw had NO flavoring whatsoever. The corn critters however, were good. Not worth the drive.

We do like Brown's chicken though.

Respected Contributor

There's a local place called Champy's that has the best fried chicken in the area, but being right near a college campus it's usually mobbed. If I don't feel like dealing with the crowd I go to Church's.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/11/2014 luvpoos said:

On occasion my husband will bring home a bucket of KFC. I never touch it but maybe once a year grab a breast and pull the skin off. I must admit I like their potatoes, biscuits and gravy. He loves the stuff but it's probably only about three times a year. We never order fried chicken in a restaurant nor do I make it. I am more of a seafood or steak person when we eat out.

I see your location. Have you ever had fried chix from Bongi,s, the next town over. Very good. We hardly eat it, but a treat.
Trusted Contributor

Ditto for Babe's Restaurants in North Texas! There are three that I am aware of: Arlington, Burleson, and Roanoke (the original). Fabulous fried chicken! Huge pieces! The sides are wonderful....creamed corn, mashed potatoes and salad. Comfort food deluxe!

Not to forget the biscuits and honey!

Honored Contributor

I do not eat fried chicken. I eat no fried foods.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"