Respected Contributor

If this makes me low-down and...

...trashy, so be it.

I don't like Starbuck's coffee; it always tastes burned to me.

On his last trip to Safeway grabbed--for some reason--a bag of Dunkin' Donuts Coffe...and it's 100 times better than than Starbucks!

So if that makes me lowdown and trashy, so be it. I just don't like the taste of burned or sour coffee.

Honored Contributor

Re: If this makes me low-down and...

Why would it make you low-down and trashy?

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten,

Haha, I'll join you in trashy!

I never liked Starbucks either. To me it tastes bitter, but burnt might be a good description too.

And Duncan Donuts is so smooth and mellow. I like it too.

7-11 is good too but an owner of the store told me once that it is really the coffee maker that makes theirs taste so good as well.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Why in the world would anyone be lowdown & trashy for not liking Starbucks? I  enjoy coffee from lots of different places...at Starbucks I usually order a venti iced nonfat Chai latte.

Trusted Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

...trashy, so be it.

I don't like Starbuck's coffee; it always tastes burned to me.

On his last trip to Safeway grabbed--for some reason--a bag of Dunkin' Donuts Coffe...and it's 100 times better than than Starbucks!

So if that makes me lowdown and trashy, so be it. I just don't like the taste of burned or sour coffee.

I know what you mean. Starbucks is too strong for my taste. I love Dunkin Donuts coffee. You might also like Panera Bread cafe mocha (I always have them only put in half of the chocolate so it is not too sweet) or Wildflower (don't know if this restaurant exists outside of Arizona) cafe mocha (also half the chocolate). Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

I've had Starbucks a few times, but just don't like it. 

When it first came out, I was surprised at how bitter it was, compared to other coffees.   That's why they have to add so much sugar, cream and whatnot ....  to mask the bitterness ... and charge more, of course.  

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Dunkin here.  Starbucks is expensive and pretentious - not my style.

Esteemed Contributor

Totally understand.  I can count on one hand the times I have gone to a Starbucks and never could understand the appeal.  There are some coffeehouses in my area, small, locally owed joints that are nice for cameraderie and beverages, but even those I rarely go to.

I can't see spending all that just for coffee.  They did, however, have a nice light Christmas blend one year, that I picked up fo half price.  Tasted fine brewed in my Mr. Coffee.

We like 'Eight O'Clock' coffee.  I had been buying the cheapest store brand out there but I realized it was stinking up my kitchen (in a canister on the counter) and leaving nasty residue in the pot, so I switched up.  Instead of swilling multiple cups of the crummy stuff, I enjoy just one in my favorite mug.  It tastes delicious.

I keep the grounds in a lock n lock in the pantry, even with the better blend.  It stays fresher and no coffee smell permeating the air.

Cogito ergo sum
Respected Contributor

Ditch the word " trashy " please.

Every visit to Starbucks when with a friend who loved it, I had regular ole TEA because of the burnt, bitter taste of their coffee.   Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Since I don't appreciate their product and don't understand the fascination of dropping a lot of $$$ each visit, I avoid buying their stock.

And please don't downgrade nor apologize for your food preferences.....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten 

Ditch the word " trashy " please.

Every visit to Starbucks when with a friend who loved it, I had regular ole TEA because of the burnt, bitter taste of their coffee.   Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Since I don't appreciate their product and don't understand the fascination of dropping a lot of $$$ each visit, I avoid buying their stock.

And please don't downgrade nor apologize for your food preferences.....

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill