Honored Contributor

Re: If this makes me low-down and...

Never entered my mind ,that what coffee one likes ,makes them trashy!!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

...trashy, so be it.

I don't like Starbuck's coffee; it always tastes burned to me.

On his last trip to Safeway grabbed--for some reason--a bag of Dunkin' Donuts Coffe...and it's 100 times better than than Starbucks!

So if that makes me lowdown and trashy, so be it. I just don't like the taste of burned or sour coffee.

@GoneButNotForgotten Are you implying that those who DO like Starbucks coffee are looking down on you in some way?  Or think they are better than you because of the coffee they like, or that you like?  

How do you get there from a brand of coffee someone drinks?  

Honored Contributor

I have never tasted Starbucks or any other specialty coffee sold at stores or food place's such as McDonald's and others.  I cannot imagine spending money on foo foo coffee I can drink at home.  Folgers and Mr. Coffee Maker works great.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I like SB, really love their Christmas coffee.  That doesn't make me a snob.  I also love, for every day, Sam's coffee pods.  I think coffee is really individual.  I must have my cup in the a.m.  It took my husband 20 years to realize that.  He doesn't drink coffee.

Trusted Contributor

hi, @GoneButNotForgotten ,

Being a coffee connoisseur myself, I do so agree with your post. When I first tasted SB I thought a bad bean had made it in to the batch. The bitterness was off the charts. Glad you found one you love. My coffee of choice is Lavazza espresso italiano whole beans that I grind myself. I use the pour over method and savor the result. 

dee

Respected Contributor

Unless one is 'dumpster diving' I do not see how what coffee you are choosing make one trashy. Even then --why judge.

I think in some communities Starbuck's or individual coffee houses are sort of the 'Cheers' in the neighborhood --a gathering place.

I have been given gift cards and went in to Starbucks to buy coffee or syrups. The machinery is so noisy it is a turnoff for me and I would be leery of using their wifi (too public) 

I think McDonalds is tasty. At home I like Major Dickason's by Peet's. I have lost my taste for creamy dessert coffees and just like a cup or 2 of 'a cup of ambition'. Otherwise just give me a real dessert .

Honored Contributor

I don't even drink coffee, but it sounds like OP is comparing coffees she bought at the grocery store and brewed at home.  There are different blends of coffee and that oculd be the difference.  Does Starbucks sell different blends in the grocery bags?  My husband prefers a Dark Roast which, to me, smells like it's burned, and is especially disgusting when he has re-warmed it in the microwave and forgot it, which he does on a regular basis.  

Honored Contributor

I'm a coffee fan .... I'll drink it anywhere and often!

I am particularly fond of Starbucks. 

(My niece manages a Starbucks)

Honored Contributor

I don't like coffee but I like espresso.  I have never been a coffee drinker, but have an espresso every few days and an iced latte occasionally.

Respected Contributor

Why would anyone care which coffee you drink? 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky