Honored Contributor

Re: ITKWM on Q2

[ Edited ]

Oh gosh I just realized from reading this that a few years ago I remember reading that red dye in candy, ketchup anything red in food is made from crushed insects called cochineal🥴

and also the hard shells on candy are made from a shellac that comes from "a resin secreted by the lac bug."🤢

I just ate some m&ms-waaaaa!

No more. Ick!!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

Anyone who didn't realize what acheta protein was did not pay attention during today's presentation—within the first minute, Mary clearly stated that it was a cricket-based protein, and the cookie types are "Chocolate Chirp" and "PB Hop Fudge": 

https://www.qvc.com/Hoppy-Planet-Foods-30ct-Soft-Baked-Acheta-Protein-Cookies.product.M83318.html?sc...

Honored Contributor

Seems like a dumb thing to sell when so many people would be turned off.  A joke?  Seriously?  Why?  

Honored Contributor

Yuck! I'm almost positive Heinz ketchup doesn't have any red ingredients like this in it, though. They don't need red dye. 

I will investigate M&M's - one of my favorites.  Smiley Frustrated

Valued Contributor

But this they warn us about:

• May contain milk, soy, wheat, eggs, and peanuts

Doesn't say anything about insect protein.

Valued Contributor

Well,   I'll be darned!    .. "crickets!"

Might be less expensive to use:  --->

. . . --->   "Chicadas" < LINK >  <-- WARNING GROSS WEBPAGE!!! ... .

. . .   they're fatter, bigger, lotsa babies, (but cyclical)

The Protein % of these "cricket cookies," on the Q "Nutritional Info," doesnt seem all that great with these added "protein crickets."  ewww

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Respected Contributor

I think many years ago that chocolate covered ants or crickets were a thing.

Valued Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

I think many years ago that chocolate covered ants or crickets were a thing.

~~~

@catter70   Yrs ago, I remember some saying that "chocolate covered ants" had the texture, & taste of "raisinets."    Not sure I ate many "raisinets" after that visualization..   esp when at the movies..

Feelings are simply human
How we deal with, ..or express those feelings .. is our choice
. ~ . Please be kind . ~ .

Occasional Contributor
Yes this is beyond disgusting. I watchedthe kitchen shows a lot. Loved Mary and David but THIS is a bridge too far. The elites want “us” to own nothing, believe in nothing, and EAT BUGS when we have lovely hogs chickens and cows available. That was HORRIFIC.