Honored Contributor

Did anyone else see what I just saw?  Mark Charles Misili is on with Mary DeAngelis, demonstrating his Kuhn Rikon Dual Peeler and it broke while in use, right on live tv.  He tried using it on a potato and the blade came right off.  He tried to hide it and keep talking while setting everything aside as the camera went to Mary who was using the tool on an "easier" vegetable.  How embarassing!

Respected Contributor

Re: ITKWD - Oopsie Mark Charles

Well, at least Mary didn’t say what a piece of junk like Bob Bowersox said after a new tool he was demonstrating cut his finger.  

Contributor

You posted before I could!!  Saw that too!  I guess you shouldn't press too hard on a hard vegetable.  It's only plastic after all.  That was funny how he just hid it behind the other vegetables and kept talking as if it never happened.

Contributor

Yep!  I think he was pressing on that potato too hard.  I bet they have a lot of returns.  

Esteemed Contributor

He almost got cut - I looked at his hand for blood.  Noticed how many times he/she had to stroke the cuke or zuc (whatever it was) before the skin was completely off.   I took one look at that tool and said - what a piece of junk, no wonders they give you 5.  It's not safe. 

Honored Contributor

@GSPgirl wrote:

Well, at least Mary didn’t say what a piece of junk like Bob Bowersox said after a new tool he was demonstrating cut his finger.  

@GSPgirl  OMG, that had to be funny to see!  Not him cutting his finger, of course, but calling something he was supposed to be selling a piece of junk.  LOL  

Trusted Contributor

I have been watching but happened to walk away and missed that part. You can see how thin the plastic is. I will keep my stainless steel titan peeler and julienne peeler thank you.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see it but I bought the best peeler set.  If I was going to gift someone a great peeler - I'd buy a OXO brand but I did buy #k35642 (3 veg peelers w/holder).  These are sharp & like the "holder" piece hold whatever your peeling in place - no slipping.  Not sure if Kuhn-Rikon product.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Deb in SD wrote:

Yep!  I think he was pressing on that potato too hard.  I bet they have a lot of returns.  

Or a lot of cancelled orders.

Trusted Contributor

Oh yea, well I was watching an Temptation demo one with the lid it . It was hot out of the oven and when she lifted the lid it off of the dish the handle broke right off. She said " oh look at that" and layed it off to the side. I couldn't believe what I saw so I keep watching it over and over to make sure.