Respected Contributor

Re: ITKWD: New item developed by David

@Reever I viewed  David's cooking utensils, but that spoon with the holes in it is not a spider. I wasn't impressed.

Respected Contributor

@Still Raining Not a big deal to me.

Respected Contributor

the group looked nice enough  and I liked the thought that he asked them to make a better quality ss  before putting it on the market. The market has an abundance of cheap , rust prone  utensils. Smiley Happy

They could be a nice gift for someone just starting out. I have more items like that than I need. He said he was open to suggestions as to what customers may want added.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BeccaLou 

I'm glad you mentioned this. I'm not in the market for utensils, but I was surprised that he was calling that a spider. In my book, it's a slotted spoon. They are two very different things. I really wonder how his development team could not know that.

~ house cat ~
Regular Contributor

These are utensils that most people have in their kitchens. I believe they were advertised as being larger. Larger or not that spoon with the holes is not what I thought was considered a spider. 

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Really!!!!  He "developed" them?

@Still Raining Do you know if it was before or after he invented gravy?  Woman Frustrated

Anyone remember that from the old Bob Newhart show?  One of my favorite lines from tv:  "Elliot invented gravy."

Honored Contributor

I am using the same stainless utensils that I bought the 1st day when "Cooks Essentials" was introduced by Bob Bowersox🙂

They still work great & as much as I look for others nothing compares to the weight and longevity of this set!

I laughed when his IG posts were he was "excited to bring a new product" he "developed"...ugh...the stupid things Q thinks are exciting!!!🙄

Valued Contributor

It's all in the marketing.

Respected Contributor

@May5 wrote:

These are utensils that most people have in their kitchens. I believe they were advertised as being larger. Larger or not that spoon with the holes is not what I thought was considered a spider. 

It's not a spider. All that metal would hold oil and keep it from draining when removing fried foods from the hot fat. Real spiders are often made of a net of wires on a round frame with a handle, which provides the best drainage. David's spider would be more properly called a skimmer.

I look at the spatula with the silicone edge and all I can think is that it's going to come off at some point. Better to buy a silicone spatula with a metal core. 

Honored Contributor

I think this "new" product will appeal to the ITKWD devotees, and that's about it.  You can get these utensils anywhere, and there is nothing new here.  And that thing is not a spider.  It's not even a skimmer, as those are generally made of a mesh/screen material.