Honored Contributor

I've had a pot roast in the Crock Pot all day and my animals..

… dog and cat, are both laying on the kitchen floor, pretending to be asleep, facing the pot.

I can't give them any people food - especially my dog will get violently ill.

Do you feed your animals people food?

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: I've had a pot roast in the Crock Pot all day and my animals..

Kitty LOVES chicken.......and ham........and salmon........especially roast beef.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I've never met a kitty or dog that didn't adore ham; the kitties surround me when I eat a ham sandwich and give me ""the look"" until I slip them a little piece. My Jellybean will try to snatch food right off my plate! Once a month or so I'll buy some chicken livers and give it to them as a special treat; when I lived in Hawaii they'd get fresh ahi scraps that one could buy inexpensively.

The dogs will eat anything they can get their paws on if I don't watch them carefully - including the cats' food. If they're good we go to a drive-in sometimes and they'll get a Frosty or a burger. Treats are often the 75¢ hot dogs from Aldi - they adore those.

You can't turn you back on your meal or any food that's left out on the counter for even a moment in this house!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Our dog is so spoiled on people food, he won't eat his doggy food.

Super Contributor

Yes.

Respected Contributor

On 6/18/2014 brewhaha said:

Mine aren't happy with dog food either...but it sits there until they get hungry enough! They love the cats' food, though...and the cats don't mind the dog food. (sigh)

Am I the only one who says things like, "Oh, that dog food isn't good enough for you? Well, let me tell you something, ladies - there are probably a billion HUMANS in this world right now who would be thrilled to have that dog food you're turning your nose up at!" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

We had a female cat, Striper (pronounced like the word Stripe, then add an R). I swear the one word she could say was ham. She used to stand in front of the oven and say Ham, Ham until it was done. My mother would grind up ham for the cats to eat (multi-cat household). Striper was allowed to have the bone, which was as big or bigger than her. My mom was put it on the kitchen floor, on doubled up paper towel and Striper would hang all over it and gnaw at it {#emotions_dlg.wub}. Striper's sister, Midnight loved spaghetti.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

My dog gets no people food except when I have to give her a pill then I will give her some meat with it. Nothing else works. I do make a hamburg jerky for her though.

Honored Contributor

On 6/18/2014 FunkyHulaGirl said:
On 6/18/2014 brewhaha said:

Mine aren't happy with dog food either...but it sits there until they get hungry enough! They love the cats' food, though...and the cats don't mind the dog food. (sigh)

Am I the only one who says things like, "Oh, that dog food isn't good enough for you? Well, let me tell you something, ladies - there are probably a billion HUMANS in this world right now who would be thrilled to have that dog food you're turning your nose up at!" {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I don't know if the guilt trip would work on my dog.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the visual of your dog and cat on the floor facing the crock pot! Too cute!