Honored Contributor

is going to focus on rechargeable hand mixers given the fact it's getting difficult to find a regular electric one.

Unless they are trying to restock after the initial pandemic baking craze...

Honored Contributor

Re: I have a feeling that KA

Not sure what you mean....QVC carries the corded one...K301976

BB&B carries a variety of corded also.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday when I checked the Q only has the five speed, and only in two colors.  Today they have four.  Perhaps they are being restocked.  

Amazon only has a couple.  I will check BB&B; thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon - I think a lot of small appliance vendors found themselves scrambling to have enough inventory with all the extra cooking and baking that has taken place over the past year—I would bet that we'll see the return of more items, more options, and more colors during the next year as supply chains and demand return to a more typical situation.

Honored Contributor

I have two KA hand mixers.  They have very little power.  I have them both in their original boxes on a basement shelf.

If I need a hand mixer, I use my $10 Oster that is about 20 years  old.  It looks awful and is stained, but still works and has power to do the job.

I have a KA tilt back stand mixer that is about 45 years old and I love it.

Unless KA steps up their hand held models, they will lose customers.  I am very disappointed with their new products.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right now with covid  there's so many places with people out of work from covid or with social distancing alot  of stuff is harder to get. I ordered a kitchen Ald food processed blade like 6 weeks ago and I'm still waiting for it. They said its back ordered. I bought a 5 speed kitchen aid hand held mixer last year and we love it. We also have a ka  bowl lift mixed that we also love.

Honored Contributor

Makes me sad to see that name 'Pooky' used to have a dog called that ran out in the highway up in Ind and that was his last time.

Can't remember the breed  I had either a Peke or Pug probably.

Brings back memories.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the KA 9 speed digital hand mixer with accessories. Bought it here in 2006 and it's still going strong. Wouldn't trade it for anything. One of my top 5 purchases from here, for sure!

Using dough hooks, it handles a single loaf of yeast dough with ease.

KA looks sold out on their website but they were $99 with accessories.

Honored Contributor

Determining the "right" amount of power for a handheld appliance is challenging. More power tends to bring with it more weight and more bulk. You can make one as powerful as a stand mixer, but it might weigh twenty pounds and most people don't want to hold a twenty-pound handheld mixer. If you're designing a handheld mixer you start out with the most likely uses for it. Most handheld mixers are more used for things like cake mixes, meringues, egg whites, and cookies. So, that's how you design it. You want to try and get that tradeoff between weight, bulk, and power just right. For some people, it'll still be too heavy and too bulky. For others, it won't be powerful enough. There is no "right" design for a handheld mixer. What's right for one person is horrible for another.

Supply chains around the world are struggling right now. The globalists are seeing (but not yet acknowledging) the issues with a spread out, global supply chain. One break in the chain results in stuff not getting made. And there have been a lot of breaks in the supply chain, not just one. Carmakers are stopping production because they can't get the electronics they need. Demand in many areas is far outstripping supply. It's become a pretty big issue.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Cuisinart hand mixer from Walmart is good enough for Dream Whip (better then cool whip by the way) small bowl of mashed potatoes, those small bags of cookie mix. Caramel Pecan think it's called their new flavor by Duncan Hines last bag I mixed up. Husband loved them.

Bread making is for sure the big stand mixer.