Honored Contributor

Re: I have a feeling that KA

I am happy for those who have usable KA hand mixers.  When I say I have two of them that are powerless, trust me...they are.

I bought one at Target and one from QVC.  Each of them struggle to even whip up Peanut butter frosting. My super cheap hand mixer is smaller, lightweight and only has three speeds and no attachments except beaters and it works very well. It is old and I wanted to replace it before it burned out.

I am a big KA fan.  I love my food processor and my stand mixer which I bought way before QVC was ever even heard of.  I also have many attachments for my mixer.  Everything is wonderful with the exception of the hand mixers.

I have a five speed and a nine speed..makes no difference.  They are both slow.

Contributor

I agree.  I bought a KA hand mixer a couple of years ago and even on high it doesn't kick it.  Very disappointed with the power.

Honored Contributor

I bought a used Kitchen Aid stand mixer at an estate auction and its performed flawlessly.  It is an older model than what is offered now days.  So I'll never need to buy a hand mixer, I remember the ones of my youth always conked out, just like the blenders.  My daughter had the nickname Pooky for her first few years.  I'm sure she is grateful it got lost along the way.  No offense to this Pooky.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Omg sharke. I'm so sorry to here that. Our morkie dog will be 10 this year. And I think alot how awful it will be be without her.

Honored Contributor

I have a 9-speed KA handheld mixer that I bought from Kohl's and it's excellent.

I'd originally ordered one from QVC, when it was a TSV.  When I got it, it was obvious it had been returned.  There was grease (butter?) on the mixer and things weren't packaged properly.  I noticed that it was made in China.

The one I got from Kohl's was made here in the U.S.A. and, quite frankly, there was no comparison in the quality.  I think the things made in huge quantities for TSVs just aren't the same.  JMHO.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Depglass..no offense at all. My wife started calling me pooky like 20 years ago.

Honored Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

Omg sharke. I'm so sorry to here that. Our morkie dog will be 10 this year. And I think alot how awful it will be be without her.

Silly, I know, but, had forgotten about that episode then I saw your name and went  'what' LOL just bought it back.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I have the KA 9 speed digital hand mixer with accessories. Bought it here in 2006 and it's still going strong. Wouldn't trade it for anything. One of my top 5 purchases from here, for sure!

Using dough hooks, it handles a single loaf of yeast dough with ease.

KA looks sold out on their website but they were $99 with accessories.

I have the 9 speed as well, and it's a work horse. I actually have two. My first one, took a hard dive off the counter one day when I accidentally bumped it. Couldn't believe it still worked perfectly, as it fell really hard. But just in case, I ordered a new one to have on hand next time Q had them on sale. I don't want to be without that 9 speed.