Respected Contributor

Re: I Hand-Wash All My Dishes . . .Anyone Else?

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

Meals are prepared and eaten by just my husband and I.  We find it easier to draw a sink of hot, sudsy water to clean up afterward.  We prefer it to using the dishwasher.

I have a small older home, and there is really no room for a dishwasher. I honestly don't mind doing dishes, it's vacuuming I hate. 😏

Get a rhomba, You will love it.

Trusted Contributor

I actually love washing the dishes!

Honored Contributor

I hand wash ours then do them in the dishwasher. REALLY!

Honored Contributor

My dishwasher just "died" so I am washing dishes by hand right now.  I have had a dishwasher in every house I have lived in as an adult.  

Honored Contributor

Have to hand wish and dry - have no dishwasher.  Never had one and probably never will.  Just the 2 of us and it's no big deal.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Frequent Contributor

I have hand washed dishes all my life and don't regret a moment of doing it.

Super Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@deepwaterdotter I have been married since 1986 and have washed "every dish" by the 10 finger method to date.  I have a small kitchen and really do not want to sacrifice a few storage areas to install a dishwasher.

Same story for me.  I am used to doing them by hand.  

Respected Contributor

I grew up with a dishwasher, however my Mother said I had to learn how to wash dishes.  When she did use it the dishwasher was overloaded. She seemed to not like unloading it as it sat until she got around to it.

I live alone and run mine twice a week when I retired. Once a week when I was working. It is nice to hide the coffee cups and glasses through out the day and not clutter the sink. I hand wash large cooking items but small frying pans and small pans go in. I run a short cycle and have clean sparkling dishes.

My cousin in CA. hand washes most of the time. The eat alot on paper plates and take out as don't cook at home much. During the water shortage they started this. He handed me a wine glass and it was like it never was washed.They use a Shammy rag over and over. I change my dishwashing cloth once or twice a day. Some people still use germy sponges. Yuk!!!

Honored Contributor

My husband doesn't mind doing the dishes. I cook and rinse the dishes as I go along, but he washes them by hand each evening. 

Honored Contributor

It's only the 2 of us but we use the dishwasher.  Run it every 2 or 3 days.  He loads, I unload.  Works for us.