Honored Contributor

Re: I Had To Order A New Ranch Dressing Shaker!

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Years ago when we first had ranch salad dressing,  I had two storage bottles.  I threw away both mixing wheels in the beginning.   With two boys we ran through a lot of ranch which I made in a bowl.  Easy! 

(Bottled ranch is somewhat sour).

Now, needing  less ranch, I had to order a shake bottle again to get a wheel.  No seperate wheels anywhere!

Anyone care to share their big goof?

You make your own ranch dressing?  You just buy a Hidden Valley Ranch packet and make that one?  Or, do you have your own recipe to share?

Thanks!

@Sunshine Kate I can get a 16 oz of Hidden Vally Ranch mix at Sams Club for what 3 large packets cost in the grocery store.  I keep it in the freezer and it lasts quite a long time.

Respected Contributor

I make mine in a pint bottle and use that spring looking mixer thing.  Can't think of it's name.  You pump it up and down.  lol

Valued Contributor

This post made me chuckle to myself. I once dated a guy who had a couple of kids. They loved Ranch dressing but it had to be the mixed because they both said the bottled wasn't any good. We got so tired of throwing out bad dressing (he & I weren't big lovers of it) since his kids were only there several days out of the month. One time I took the bottled stuff, put it in the blender bottle and didn't tell them. They ate it and didn't even notice, so I kept doing it. Never did tell them they were eating the bottled stuff.

cookin

Respected Contributor

@ECBG   there was one in a lock and lock set, but don’t know if the sell them separately or not.  GNC May have them for all their protein powder they sell.  no doubt amazon has them also.

Honored Contributor

@lynnie61 wrote:

@ECBG   there was one in a lock and lock set, but don’t know if the sell them separately or not.  GNC May have them for all their protein powder they sell.  no doubt amazon has them also.

@lynnie61 I had to buy the entire bottle to get the mixing wheel on amazon, but it is what it is.  Many thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea what a "wheel" thing is, but I have an older plastic salad dressing container that I've used for years. I just use a narrow whisk once I get the buttermilk and mayo in the container with the Ranch seasoning. It doesn't take but a few "whisks" to get it mixed. I have to add that the bottled store-bought Ranch dressing tastes nothing like the one you mix yourself - no matter what brand I've bought!

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

Years ago when we first had ranch salad dressing,  I had two storage bottles.  I threw away both mixing wheels in the beginning.   With two boys we ran through a lot of ranch which I made in a bowl.  Easy! 

(Bottled ranch is somewhat sour).

Now, needing  less ranch, I had to order a shake bottle again to get a wheel.  No seperate wheels anywhere!

Anyone care to share their big goof?

You make your own ranch dressing?  You just buy a Hidden Valley Ranch packet and make that one?  Or, do you have your own recipe to share?

Thanks!

@Sunshine Kate  I can get a 16 oz of Hidden Vally Ranch mix at Sams Club for what 3 large packets cost in the grocery store.  I keep it in the freezer and it lasts quite a long time.

Valued Contributor

I can tell the difference between the bottled and that which is mixed.  I think it is the preservatives that change the flavor.