Honored Contributor

Re: ? How to program high pressure setting

@SouthernBee wrote:

@SharkE: I always enjoy your input on different subjects. I have the Cuisinart pressure cooker and love it. My egg cooker just died and DH looked at the instant pot and wants me to purchase this instead of another egg cooker. My feeble mind can’t understand how it is possible to do boiled eggs in a pressure cooker. I love small kitchen appliances but running out of storage space. Should I purchase the instant pot and try to teach this ole dog 🐕 something. Southern Bee 

I really do think it just all depends on if your heart is really into kitchen, cooking and baking stuff. Back when I was growing up it was just expected of you to learn how to do stuff. Why I loved to discuss like subjects in this forum until here lately. I started getting dismayed when it got spammed with other threads. Think that's being taken care of now. Keeping fingers crossed.

The boiled egg thing I'm not feeling either don't understand why a egg under pressure doesn't explode. LOL I mainly bought a IPot

because of  the stainless steel pot I can put in the dishwasher.

I still cook beans the old way, soaking over night, and  cooking 2 hrs in the morning.  

I'm open to the idea of getting 'em done in under an hr. though.

@SouthernBee

Honored Contributor

I won't get my TSV IPot till Oct.

Meanwhile, I bought a Zojuhuisi bread maker LOL Gave my other one to a gal who was getting married. Cuisinart she got.

I promised Kachinea624 a picture of all my red stuff when I can get it all

assembled.

Got my Laura Weathers cookbook Fri and have a pumpkin praline pie in oven. bought used at amazon looks to be a down home good recipe book

Honored Contributor

@SharkE: Thanks. I totally agree with everything you stated. Taught everything about the home. My Mom and Bigmama were disappointed when I had trouble with sewing and using the iron. Southern Bee 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE: I have always wanted that bread maker. Please post pictures of all your great red toys. I will look for the cookbook. Southern Bee 

Respected Contributor

When I posted my initial post on this thread I was asking for help about increasing the pressure setting.  I know how to go from low to high pressure.   On the picture above, in the center and just below where it says 05:20, is the indicator for low and high.  But just below that is another line that says    low     normal   more.

It is set for normal, but I wanted to go to more.  Still can't do that.  I wonder if this works only with the preset programs.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE  I wanted to get that Z breadmaker (the little 1 lb loaf one) in early October, but I needed a new pair of sunglasses and found just what I needed and wanted and bought those instead.  So I am now planning to get the breadmaker toward the end of October.  Can't wait to eat some good bread.

Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee  I made a bunch of eggs in the pressure cooker.  It was really easy.   All you have to do is put the eggs on a steamer rack (no punching a hole in them), set the pressure cooker for 5 minutes, do a quick release take out eggs, put in ice water, and you have perfectly cooked eggs.  Don't think I will ever use that little egg cooker again.

Valued Contributor

@CLEM - I got the Pioneer Woman Instant Pot at Walmart the other day.  It is a different model from yours (it is the Lux).  But it also has the less, normal, and more indicators.  You change those using the Adjust button.  I have only done the boil water initial test.  But I looked up the manual on the Instant Pot site for the Duo you said you have and on page 12 it says you use the adjust to change those choices.  It also says under the bean/chili button to change it to More if you want the beans more cooked.  Now, I cannot say if all this works but that is what I figured out based on your questions and pictures.  Hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

@ceekay  Thanks for the information.  I will try to work it out next time I use the pot.

Congratulations on the Pioneer Woman's IP.  Did you get one with the flowers on it?  They are sure pretty.

Valued Contributor

@CLEM - I got the one with flowers and the top is a deep royal blue.  It is very pretty.  I have been debating getting an IP for awhile.  My sister loves hers.  I am new to electric pressure cooking - I have a stove top one that I have had for years.  I am looking forward to putting this new IP through its paces.  Good luck with yours!